|STAR TREK FAN FILM|
|Yorktown: A Time to Heal|
|Format:||Rank Scanned Super 8 Film|
Yorktown: A Time to Heal is a so far incomplete fan film (episode). Jem Ong Woo financed the film and served as the Executive Producer. His son, Stan Woo, served as the film's Producer. The film was directed by Da Han. In September of 2010, John Atkin joined the production as a Supervising Producer, and put together a group of professional volunteers to complete the film.
Having escaped capture by the Klingons, a damaged Starfleet reconnaissance probe crashes undetected on the planet Pahl III. Hikaru Sulu, serving as first officer on the retrofitted USS Yorktown, is sent by Admiral Nogura on a secret mission to help locate the missing spy drone. In order to prevent a catastrophic war from igniting with the Klingons, the USS Yorktown (under the command of Captain Bradley Frame) races against time to quickly find the lost drone, with orders to conceal its existence. At the same time, a terrorist group called S.H.A.R.K. discover the drone's location, and plot to steal the device and use it for their own nefarious means.
- Yorktown: In Temporary Command', won the Sweepstakes Award for best science fiction film at the 1984 Hollywood Teenage Film & Video Festival , with Stan Woo accepting the award on behalf of both he and Da Han from actor Ernie Hudson (Ghostbusters). The film was screened before a live audience.
- Yorktown: A Time to Heal was planned as a follow-up to Yorktown: In Temporary Command. Due to continuity issues, this idea was scrapped when George Takei joined the project,
- YT: ATTH (then Y2:ATTH) was reported on in issue #119 of Starlog Magazine dated June, 1987. The episode began filming in 1985, with George Takei reprising his role as Hikaru Sulu.
- Andrew Probert, the designer of the USS Enterprise-D, joined the team in mid-production (Spring 1986) and designed the retrofitted USS Yorktown, the S.H.A.R.K. vessel Nagear, and the Klingon K-Fighter exclusively for YT:ATTH.
- Stephen J. Cannell Productions provided incidental Sound FX, and Peter Kuran of ILM fame for SPFX offered consulting services.
- James Bond star George Lazenby was attached to the project, but due to scheduling conflicts, was unable to make the shoot as Admiral McBride. Instead, veteran actor James Shigeta who became available on short notice was brought in to play the iconic role of Admiral Nogura described in the novelization of ST:TMP.
Yorktown - A Time to Heal Edit
The original production team, along with the newly recruited production team, are now working together with famed artist & illustrator Andrew Probert (Star Trek: The Motion Picture) to finish the film for a proposed 2015 release. Additional filming of new scenes shot in HDV, to be meshed with the original super 8 footage went into production in Toronto in October of 2011, under the guidance of supervising producer John Atkin. Renewed CGI VFX work on the film began in 2010 at the hands of Roland Baron, with casting for additional scenes taking place shortly thereafter. In December of 2013, the missing starship bridge sequences were filmed in Oklahoma City, and were directed by John F. Carroll. In November of 2015, additional scenes were filmed in Ticonderoga, New York on the Star Trek: Phase II sets.