|Star Trek: Phase II episode|
|"World Enough and Time"|
|Guest star(s):||George Takei|
|Previous episode:||"To Serve All My Days"|
|Next episode:||"Blood and Fire, Part 1"|
When a Romulan weapons test goes wrong, the Enterprise is trapped between dimensions and Lt. Commander Sulu finds himself 30 years out of place and the key to saving the crew of the Enterprise as the precarious grasp on their own dimension begins to slip.
A Romulan weapons test goes awry and snares the Enterprise in an inter-dimensional trap. Lt. Commander Sulu returns to find himself 30 years out of place and the key to saving the crew of the Enterprise as the precarious grasp on their own dimension begins to slip. Guest starring George Takei, who returns to the role of Hikaru Sulu, which he played on television in Star Trek (TOS) and in Star Trek: Voyager, as well as in the six feature Star Trek films.
- "Shouldn't you send me candy and flowers first?"
- — Sulu as Spock makes the first move.
- The working title for this episode was "All the World and Time".
- The prologue and epilogue of the episode feature scenes from the USS Excelsior during Captain Sulu's command. In addition to George Takei, Grace Lee Whitney reprised her role as Commander Janice Rand. Demora Sulu, Captain Sulu's daughter seen in Star Trek Generations, is played by Mimi Chong; she was depicted by Jacqueline Kim in the film. The events in this period are suggested to have happened a number of years after Generations, as Demora is featured as a lieutenant in her scene, and was an ensign in Generations. She was also transferred from Operations to Command.
- Even though Chekov was killed off in the previous episode, he still appears in this episode.
- This episode is available as a Rifftrax commentary under the Rifftrax Presents line.
|Star Trek: Phase II|
|Episodes:||Released: "Come What May" | "In Harm's Way" | "To Serve All My Days" | "World Enough and Time" | "Blood and Fire, Part 1" | "Blood and Fire, Part 2" | "Enemy: Starfleet" | "The Child" | "Kitumba"|
In Production: "Mind-Sifter" | "The Holiest Thing" | "Origins"
|Vignettes:||"Center Seat" | "No-Win Scenario" | "Going Boldly"|
|Related Media:||Star Trek: First Voyages | Star Trek: New Voyages eMagazine | Star Trek: New Voyages podcast|
|Characters:||James T. Kirk | Spock | Leonard McCoy | Hikaru Sulu | Montgomery Scott | Pavel Chekov | Nyota Uhura | Vincent DeSalle | Janice Rand | Christine Chapel | Kargh|
|Actors:||James Cawley | Jeff Quinn | Ben Tolpin | Brandon Stacy | John Kelley | Charles Root | Andy Bray | Jonathan Zungre | John Lim | J.T. Tepnapa | Julienne Irons | Kim Stinger | Ron Boyd | Meghan King Johnson | Shannon Giles|