|USS Baldwin episode|
|Original post date:||2013|
|Previous episode:||"Bad Wolf"|
|Next episode:||"Time Fall"|
A Federation colony is having problems connecting with the rest of the Federation.
- Captain's Log, Stardate 55181.6: We have arrived at New Cardiff and are making final preparations for our investigation into the bandwidth issues.
- Captain's log, Stardate 55184.9: The source of subspace interference has been neutralized. However, the party responsible for causing the interference has responded. Baldwin is more than ready for this tactical engagement.
- "We have received seventy-seven percent of Dr. Murrow's total database. Much of the data is his archive of genetic research."
"What sort of genetic research."
"Enough genetic research to create a psychological profile on both Khan and Malina. Augments like them tend to think of themselves as the ultimate in human evolution. That sort of thinking is actually indicative of a mental disorder."
- "How are you feeling?"
"I just had my weekly checkup with Dr. Bratney. Baby Petrelli is at 22 weeks and is doing well."
- — Patrick Ingrum and Jaimie Petrelli
- "So, you're past the halfway mark, is Joshua going to have a little brother or a little sister?"
"Don't tell anyone else I told you," Jaimie responded, "but I'm going to need a lot of pink."
"Have you got a name for your little one picked out."
"Not really. I was thinking something like a Jessica, Justine, Jeanne."
"Jaimie, no. You, your son, and your sister-in-law both already have 'J' names. Why not go for something different?"
- — Bridget Ingrum and Jaimie Petrelli, revealing the gender of Jaimie's second child and suggesting names.
- "I want you, Patrick. I need you, and you know damn well how much I love you."
"Well, I know two out of those three ain't bad. The perfect trifecta is even better."
- — Bridget and Patrick
- "Get a room."
"Last time I checked, this is our room."
- — Jaimie Petrelli and Patrick Ingrum
- "Have I told you how much I love you?"
"75 times last night, while you were in the afterglow of an amazing night of passion."
"And here, I thought I was the statistics guy."
"I've got the supercharged Augment brain, remember?"
"Oh, I do, and I love you for it. Don't you forget that."
"Okay, stop it before we get in trouble with JP."
[Jaimie enters the room]
"I take it I just interrupted an exchange of witty and flirtatious banter."
- — Patrick, Bridget, and Jaimie
- "Looks like someone didn't put enough latinum in the maintenance fund."
- — Patrick Ingrum, after a warbug was destroyed with minimal effort.
- The gender of both anticipated children are revealed to be girls.
- Gloria Dawson returns, now the captain of the USS Marion
- White Noise Full text of the story, on the author's website.