|Rank:||Chief Petty Officer|
Early life and careerEdit
Born and raised in a small town in Southwestern Pennsylvania on the planet Earth, Wayne Galway has been in Starfleet all of his adult life. The first few years of his career were spent serving on security details aboard various Hermes-class Starships. It was during his off duty hours that he developed an aptitude for electromechanical systems while assisting his shipmates in the Engineering Department. He applied for a "Basic Engineering" course for Enlisted Personnel at Starfleet Academy, and was accepted.
After graduation, he was assigned to the Constitution-class Starship, USS Defiant (NCC-1764) where he met and befriended a young Ensign named Michelle Smithfield. The two served together for many years in a highly successful working relationship; teaching each other everything they knew about Starship operations.
When Smithfield was posted as the Chief Engineer of the Starship Farragut under Carter, she requested Galway as one of her leading technicians. Carter and Tacket, both knowing Galway and his abilities, agreed with Smithfield's request.
Family and personal lifeEdit
Galway is an easygoing man who knows his job and does it well. He has little use for the strict rigidity of Officers, and often finds humor in watching Junior Officers who don't "know the ropes" break character from grimly hustling about in their daily routines and interactions.
- 2221 Wayne Galway was born.
- 2239 Enlisted in Starfleet. Assigned to USS Columbia (NCC-621)
- 2243 Assigned to USS Equulus (NCC-603)
- 2347 Attended "Basic Engineering" course for Enlisted Personnel taught at Starfleet Academy.
- 2248 Assigned to USS Defiant (NCC-1764)
- 2256 Meets Ensign Michelle Smithfield.
- 2261 Assigned to USS Potemkin (NCC-1657)
- 2266 Assigned to USSFarragut (NCC-1647) as Transporter Chief.