Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Academy is an institution that predates the founding of the United Federation of Planets and has been one of the most significant science and research centers on Vulcan and within Federation space. Its main campus was outside the city of ShiKahr. (TOS Crucible trilogy: The Fire and the Rose)
- The Crucible trilogy is set in a different continuity than many of the novels published by Pocket Books. In novels such as Vulcan's Forge, for example, Spock commanded the science vessel USS Intrepid II during the corresponding period.
- T'Les, mother of T'Pol, was an instructor at the Vulcan Science Academy until 2154. (ENT: "Home")
- Spock nearly joined the Academy in 2249 but decided to join Starfleet instead, against his father Sarek's wishes. (TOS: "Journey to Babel")
- T'Mara was director of the Academy c. 2285. (Orion Press: "Contempt of Council")
- Two officers who would later serve aboard USS Avenger -- Chaym n'Maldonado and Aleatha Travers -- were students at the Academy in the 2280s. (Star Trek: Avenger)
- Dr. T'Pan was the the director of the Academy from 2354 to 2369. (TNG: "Suspicions")
- T'Piam attended and graduated the Vulcan Science Academy. (Star Trek: The Cantabrian Expeditions)
- Xylion was a Starfleet liaison officer and astrophysics researcher at the Academy from 2337 until 2371 during which time he also took part in a three year deep space, science expedition. (The Star Eagle Adventures)