Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- In 2273, at about warp factor 6, this was 2.5 Earth days travel from the Sol system. (Star Trek: The Motion Picture)
- Minshara (Star Trek: Enterprise)
- Vulcan's relationship to its sister planet T'Khut differs in different continuities. In some, T'Khut and Vulcan are in the same orbital pathway around their primary. In Star Trek Star Charts, they revolve around a common gravitational center that orbits around 40 Eridani, similar to the dynamic between Pluto and Charon in the Sol system.
- It has not been established, in pro- or fan-fiction, if the Delta Vega seen in Star Trek also existed, and by that nomenclature, in the Primeverse.
Vulcan's climate is generally harsh, with much of the surface consisting of large deserts or mountain ranges. Furthermore, it has a considerably higher gravity and thinner atmosphere than Earth. Desert areas are prone to large amounts of heat, light and sand fire storms.
Vulcan has several tourist attractions, including active volcanoes, ancient ruins, and lava fields.
Land features and formationsEdit
- Fire Plains
- The Forge
- Lake Yuron
- L-langon Mountains
- Mount Tar'Hana
- Mount Seleya
- Osana caverns
- Sas-a-shar (desert)
- Voroth Sea
Cities and regionsEdit
- ShiKahr (TAS: "Yesteryear")
- T'Lingshar (Orion Press: "Contempt of Council")
- Vulcana Regar
Points of interestEdit
- Temple of Amonak
- Temple of T'Panit
- T'Karath Sanctuary
While the first official contact between Vulcans and humans took place on 05 April 2063 in or near Bozeman, Montana (Star Trek: First Contact), there had been at least one unofficial one: In 1957, a manned Vulcan probe crashed near the town of Carbon Creek, Pennsylvania. (ENT: "Carbon Creek")
In 2374, when Betazed fell during the Dominion War, it was noted that the Dominion would be in a position to threaten Vulcan. Shortly thereafter, it was confirmed that the Dominion had been building up its forces on Betazed and that they would be able to launch an attack on Vulcan. (DS9: "In the Pale Moonlight", "The Reckoning")
During the Dominion War the Dominion launched three unsuccessful attempts to conquer Vulcan. (The Dominion War Sourcebook: The Fires of Armageddon)
- Le-matya (TAS: "Yesteryear")
- Sehlat (TOS: "Journey to Babel", TAS: "Yesteryear")
- Xirahnah, aka Vulcan silverbirds (Orion Press: "I Never Said Goodbye", Until the End of Time)
- Vulcan ant fish (Orion Press: "Outpost 7734")
- Vulcan marsupial
- Vulcan mollusks (DS9: "The Maquis")
- Vulcan sandworm
- D'mallu vines (TAS novel: Star Trek Log One); aka Vulcan tripweed (Orion Press)
- Mel'aneesh (Absolute Horizon)
- Sha'for (a source of wood) (Orion Press: "Contempt of Council")
Harry Potter and the Return of James T. KirkEdit
The Suliban launched a massive assault on both Earth and Vulcan. The Suliban who attacked Vulcan destroyed the 40 Eridani-A Spacedock, but no starships were docked at the time. The Enterprise-A diverted course to assist the USS Bozeman in relief efforts. (Harry Potter and the Return of James T. Kirk: "Relief Mission")
Star Trek: Mirror WarsEdit
During the Mirror War it was discovered a cloaked fleet of Terran Empire warships were heading towards the planet Vulcan. The USS Majestic plus all available ships headed to protect Vulcan. (Star Trek: Mirror Wars: "Approaching Dawn")
It was learned that Vulcan was home to a secret base which was The Emperor's main target in invading Vulcan. The base was supposed to be infiltrated by the Imperial Guard, under the command of Commander Blake Terval, but they failed. It is unknown what exactly the base hid, but it was deemed important.
Star Trek: The Cantabrian ExpeditionsEdit
Sometime after returning from New Bolarus and Milami Thall's entry into Starfleet Academy, Ualla Thall and the Federation starship she was serving aboard went to Vulcan to treat an outbreak of Rigelian fever. Milami Thall took the time to visit the T'Peral Plateau.