Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Series:||Star Trek Online: Unofficial Literary Challenge (Season 9.5)|
|Original post date:||Mar 30 2015|
|Previous challenge:||"In Memory of Spock"|
|Next challenge:||"Delta Recruit"|
"Redux #1" was the tenth Star Trek Online: Unofficial Literary Challenge based upon the Star Trek Online: Literary Challenges. It was the tenth Star Trek Online: Unofficial Literary Challenge of Star Trek Online's Season 9.5. It was managed by Star Trek Online Forum users and was made up of three separate challenges.
Prompt #1 - Redux #1Edit
"Unofficial Literary Challenge: Redux #1" was the first of three sub-categorized challenges within the overall challenge. It was followed the Star Trek Online: Literary Challenge tradition of Redux Challenges.
- As usual, the 10th LC is a redux challenge, so go find a prompt you like from an old LC and write!
- All prompts are open, whether from official LCs or ULCs.
Prompt #2 - Teaching the Next GenerationEdit
"Teaching the Next Generation" was the second of three challenges within the overall challenge. It was suggested by Star Trek Online Forum user StarSwordC.
- You've been rotated off the front lines to spend a tour back home as an instructor at your service academy, or perhaps to give a guest lecture at the Academy or at a civilian university that hosts an ROTC battalion or two.
- What's your subject matter? How does the next class of cadets, mangHompu', or eredhin react to being taught by an officer with your service record? How do you respond to their questions? Is there something nefarious going on at Starfleet Academy, Klingon Academy, or the newly opened Phi'lasasam on New Romulus?
Prompt #3 - Episode Rewrite: "Unimatrix Zero"Edit
"Episode Rewrite: "Unimatrix Zero" was the third and final of three challenges within the overall challenge. It followed the Star Trek Online: Literary Challenge of Star Trek series episode rewrites, and invited players to rewrite the episode in their own way.
- In keeping with the tradition started by the official Star Trek Online literary challenges, the tenth edition of the unofficial challenge featured a redux prompt, allowing the participants to use any previous prompt for their fic.
- Considering the in-game Delta Recruit event going on at the same time there were also requests for a "teaching" prompt.
- It also featured an episode rewrite prompt, but these had not been well-received even in the official challenges.