The Rommel was built as part of Starfleet's preparations for war following the discovery of the Dominion. Assigned to Captain Raheesh Nazar, it was initially a part of the Seventh Fleet's 61st Tactical Wing. During the Battle of Tyra, Vice Admiral Richard Monroe ordered a retreat and only the 61st and 90th Tactical Wings survived. They were combined into the new 96th Tactical Wing and assigned to the Second Fleet. The Rommel and her wing fought with distinction at the Kotanka Line and later took part in Operation Return.
- Captain Ra’id “Raheesh” Nazar (رائد نزار): Commanding Officer.
- Lieutenant Commander Sergei Tetrov (Сергей Петрова): First Officer.
- Lieutenant Commander Morrib Lorr: Chief Engineer/Operations Manager.
- Major Rek'lov Shur: Tactical Officer/Marine Detachment Officer.
- Lieutenant Carmen Aquila: Pilot.
- Doctor Tupak: Chief Medical Officer.
- In a man to man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine.- Erwin Rommel, 1937.
- The ship was named for legendary German general Erwin Rommel. The registry is a homage to the year Rommel was born.
|USS Alexander - USS Avenger (I) - USS Avenger (II) - USS Columbia - USS Dauntless - USS Defender - USS Defiant (I) - USS First Strike - USS Gallant - USS Grant - USS Herakles - USS Horwitz - USS Imperial - USS Indomitable - USS Kingston - USS Maelstrom - USS Merrimac - USS Monitor - USS Moscow - USS Nemesis - USS Nimitz - USS Relentless - USS Rommel-A - USS Sinclair - USS São Paulo/USS Defiant (II) - USS Spectre - USS Stormbringer - USS Svelor - USS Ticonderoga - USS Valiant (I) - USS Valiant (II) - USS Victorious - USS Victory - USS Vindicator - USS Vorel Kepesk - USS Vulture - USS Washington|