Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The USS Magellan was a Galaxy-class starship in service during the late 24th century. She was a part of the Starfleet task force that fought to retake Deep Space 9 in Operation Return. (DS9: "Sacrifice of Angels")
During the Dominion War, the Magellan was the flagship of the Fourth Fleet, leading Task Force 41. Her commanding officer was Captain Esteban Tuero. After the war, she was assigned to rimward exploration, and her home port was Cascade Station. (Ships of the Star Fleet, Vol.4)
- Different sources in fandom indicate a variety of possible registry numbers for the Magellan, including:
- NCC-38706 (Star Trek: Distant Horizons)
- NCC-71100 (Star Trek: The Final Frontier website)
- NCC-71820 (Decipher RPG: Starships, Star Trek: Pendragon)
- NCC-71962 (Trekmania)
- NCC-72381 (ASDB.net: Ships of the Star Fleet, Vol.1)
- NCC-72382 (ASDB.net: Ships of the Star Fleet, Vol.4)
Commanding officers of the Magellan included:
The USS Magellan (NCC-71820) returned to drydock in late 2376, where she began an upgrade to Olympus-class specifications, adding a phaser cannon and most notably, a third warp nacelle. In 2377, she was placed under the command of Captain Elizabeth Shelby who oversaw completion of the refit. (PDN: "Restoration")
- For more information, see USS Magellan (Olympus-class).
- The Magellan being a Galaxy class vessel is not specifically mentioned in "Sacrifice of Angels", but has become a fairly popular fan assumption.