|Status:||Presumed lost (in the Triangulum Galaxy)|
The USS Helen was one of the early ships built for the Newton Project, a project to construct ships built to explore the possibilities of wormholes leading to other galaxies. Constructed redundant systems and back-ups in the event of the loss of the crew.
While not yet able to be sent on the mission, the Newton class proved itself in early test runs, and the USS Helen was chosen to be the first Starship to investigate a wormhole after one was discovered.
Upon arrival at the wormhole, the Helen encountered a Shaarot warship that fired a transphasic torpedo as it was passing through. The resulting shockwave destabalized the wormhole, trapping the ship and crew in the distant Triangulum Galaxy.
The journey homeEdit
The crew of the Helen began the long journey home, first contact was made with the Nadorian Alliance, and the Sintaro Rebellion. Soon after crossing into Pasori Space, the ship detected levels of the Omega molecule within space, and the Omega Directive came into effect.
- Captain: Selva (Athenan female)
- First officer: Jaie Eroi (Joined Trill female)
- Second officer/Operations: Waseri Tagai (Elaysian female)
- Chief of security/Tactical: Eric Hernandez (Human male)
- Chief medical officer: Dr. Tannis (Orion female)
- Chief science officer: Weok (Bolian male)
- Chief engineer: Togri (Andorian male)
- Helm: Drash Elia (Bajoran female)
- Assistant chief engineer: Anlai Torvin
- Kaiya (Athenan female)
- Iwari (Edari male)
- Coira (Unknown female)
- The Dedication Plaque on the Helen is from Helen Keller, "I am only one, but I am still one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. I will not refuse to do something I can do."