Originally launched in 2286 as the upgraded variant Constitution-class USS Yorktown, the ship was decommissioned in 2316. Stripped of its name, the vessel was mothballed at the Dalashni V Long-term Storage Anchorage. Following the Tomed Incident in 2341, the vessel was refitted as a hospital ship and rechristened the USS Gibraltar, though it retained its original registry as NCC-1859. After fourteen months, the ship completed its humanitarian assignment along the Federation/Romulan border and was returned to storage.
In 2375, in an effort to bolster Starfleet's ship numbers in the face of severe attrition during the Dominion War, the Gibraltar was once again resurrected from the boneyards and refitted with 24th century technology. An eight-month refurbishment at Starbase 234 succeeded in making the starship serviceable. However, its 2376 launch date came after the war's conclusion.
- Commanding officer (CO)
- Executive officer (XO)
- Diplomatic Officer/Second Officer
- Chief Operations Officer
- Chief Engineer
- Chief Security/Tactical Officer
- Lieutenant Pava Lar'ragos
- Chief Medical Officer
- Lieutenant JG Issara Taiee
- Chief Science Officer (Mar-Aug 2376)
- Lt. Commander Elisto Plazzi
- Chief Science Officer (Aug 2376-Present)
- Ensign Kuenre Shanthi
- Chief Flight Control Officer
- Chief Non-Commissioned Officer
This starship is from the Star Trek: Gibraltar fanfic series. It can be found here.