- For the Constitution-class heavy cruiser using the registry-number paradigm of Franz Joseph, see USS Eagle (NCC-1719).
The USS Eagle (NCC-956) was a Federation starship in the late 23rd century. In 2293, the Eagle was conducting a colony re-supply mission in Sector 22858, under the command of K. Garretson. It was selected as part of an assault, code-named "Operation Retrieve", which was to rescue USS Enterprise-A's Captain James Kirk and Doctor Leonard McCoy from Rura Penthe. The Eagle would have been part of the task force. (Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country)
- The Operation Retrieve info, which mention K. Garretson, was a series of charts for the set created by the production artists and decorators. They were not distinctly visible on screen.
- The Star Fleet Technical Manual gives Eagle's registry as NCC-1719, while the display in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country has it as NCC-956. Orion Press posited that the ship was not Constitution-class but Leonidas-class.
Captain Igrilan commanded the Eagle from 2247 to 2268. During this time its all-Andorian crew would become the "the most decorated starship in Starfleet". (Last Unicorn Games RPG: Andorians: Among the Clans, Ship Recognition Manual, Volume 4: Starships of the Original Series Era; Decipher RPG: Starships)
In 2273, the Eagle was refitted. The Eagle was decommissioned in 2296.(Ship Recognition Manual, Volume 4: Starships of the Original Series Era)
In 2269, Captain Zach Banner took command of the Eagle. One week after the launch under captain Banner the Eagle was briefly taken over by Zach Banner’s counterpart and taken to the mirror universe but was able to successfully return to it’s own reality.
One month later in 2270 the Eagle picked up a distress single from the USS Bismarck. Once the dreadnought was located they found an alien computer had killed its crew. Banner was able to beam over to the ship, destroy the computer and bring it back to a nearby starbase.
After the incident Banner took a several week leave of absence from the Eagle, during Banner’s absence the Eagle was assigned to transport clarified cargo from Andoria when she was ambushed by a pirate raider. With the help of the USS Saladin (NCC-500) Commander Michele Tyler was able to fined and retrieve the stolen cargo from the pirates, one of which was a former Starfleet officer by the name of Nick Sather.
- Commanding Officer: Zach Banner
- Executive Officer/Science Officer: Michele Tyler
- Chief Engineer: Clause Elberg
- Chief Medical Officer: Charlie Christianson
- Communications Officer: Mark Brennen
- Helm Officer: Tevek
- Navigator: Oakley Gelson
|Armstrong - Eagle - Valiant - Wernher von Braun|