Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Type:||Long Range Scientific Test Bed and Tactical Vessel|
The USS Banting (NCC-3120-B) was an Excalibur-class starship operating in the early 25th century. Commanded by Captain Brex, one of the previous Banting captains, the ship was Starfleet's second test bed for the transwarp drive system. (Star Trek: Banting II)
Starfleet hoped to use Borg transwarp coils left over from the second Borg wars to finalize the mission of the USS Excelsior. Banting was also a capable warship and is in effect a moving starbase in terms of it's offensive weaponry. However, Starfleet chose the Excalibur-class as the test bed for this new technology due to the enormous strain Transwarp flight places on the ship, and a smaller ship might rip its self to pieces.
The USS Banting was chosen as a scientific test bed for the new transwarp drive after the USS Banting-A's sacrifice in the Ceti Alpha system where her self destruct was engaged to destroy 2 Borg cubes during the Second Borg War.
- Displacement: 10,000,000 metric tons
- Length: 1270 metres
- Draft: 350 metres
- Beam: 800 metres
- Warp Drive Units
- 2 TW-1 Advanced Bi-Linear Transwarp Drive Units
- 2 LF-55 Advanced Linear Warp Drive Units (integrated)
- Impulse Reactor Units
- 4 FIG-10 Subatomic Unified Energy Impulse Units
- Maximum Impulse Speed: Warp 1.0
- Standard Cruising Velocity: Warp 7.0
- Maximum Cruising Velocity: Warp 9.7
- Maximum Attainable Velocity: Warp 10
- Officers: 590
- Enlisted Crew: 2,750
- Passengers/Auxiliary crew: 0-20,000
- 10 Type XII Collimated Heavy ‘Lance’ Phaser Arrays
- 2 Fore MK 90 Photon Torpedo Tubes with Quantum Torpedo Capabilities (500 Stock)
- 2 Fore MK 100 Phase Quantum Torpedo Launchers (200 Torpedoes, no replenishment due to size (1/2 a Danube Runabout))
- 4 Port and Starboard MK 90 Quantum Torpedo Launchers (250 Stock)
- 2 Aft MK 100 Phase Quantum Torpedo Launchers (200 Torpedoes, no replenishment due to size (1/2 a Danube Runabout))
- 2 Aft MK 90 Photon Torpedo Tubes with Quantum Torpedo Capabilities (500 Stock)
- CIDSS-5 Primary Force Field Generator & Deflector Control System
- CIDSS-3 Secondary Force Field Generator & Deflector Control System