|Star Trek: Valkyrie episode|
|"The Road to Tomed"|
|Airdate:||30 July 2012|
|Running time:||16 mins|
|Previous episode:||"New Command"|
|Next episode:||"Disaster Strikes"|
"The Road to Tomed" is the second episode of the Star Trek: Valkyrie audio series.
Captain Stanfield is listening to music in the ready room when an incoming "Captain's eyes only" transmission is recieved. Admiral Leonov informs him that the situation along the Romulan border is deteriorating and a task force is being assembled consisting of the Valkyrie, USS Lexington, USS Valiant and USS Plymouth, with Captain Alex McKnight of the Lexington in overall command of the fleet.
After rendezvous with the Lexington, Stanfield and Commander Miller beam over for a briefing with the other starship captains and first officers. McKnight explains that there have been several skirmishes along the Neutral Zone involving small groups of vessels and the Earth Outpost stations. Starfleet have assembled a task force as a show of strength along the border and to defend against any possible Romulan incursions into Federation space.
Later the Plymouth is attacked by two warbirds and heavily damaged until the other vessels intervene in the course of battle. Lexington is required to escort Plymouth to Starbase 39-Sierra leaving Captain Stanfield in command of the remainder of the fleet. In addition another task force is assembled consisting of the USS Excelsior (NCC-2000), USS Hathaway (NCC-2593), USS Enterprise-B and USS Lakota.
Lexington rejoins the fleet with news that the Romulans have begun construction of a military outpost in the Alpha Onias system with the Federation responding to counter the threat by constructing a base in the Tomed system, increasing tensions between the two powers.
Valkyrie and Lexington part ways after being released from the task force with Valkyrie being sent to Starbase 11 for resupply and repair.
- Jerry Stanford as Captain Edward J. Stanfield
- Michael Liebmann as Commander Andrew Miller
- Jacob Stanford as Lt. Travis Reed
- Toby Curfman as Second Officer Lt. Commander Shrun
- Michael Stütelberg as Chief Engineer Lt. Commander Paul Elberg
- Dean Rogers as Lt. Michael Swanson
- Spring Stanford as Lt. Gina Bellamy
- Andrea Columber as the Ship's Computer Voice and Series Announcer
- Keith Harris (Star Trek: Lexington) as Captain Alex McKnight of the USS Lexington
- Renda Carr (Project Potemkin / Star Trek: Lexington) as Lt. Commander Saavik of the USS Lexington and Admiral Leonov
- Ian Clement as Vice Admiral Markoweitz
- Julia Morizawa (Hidden Frontier / Star Trek: Odyssey) as Captain Julie Green of the USS Plymouth
- "Dismissed! We're moving out."
- — Captain Alex McKnight
- "Makes me wonder, are we stopping a war or just delaying one?"
- — Captain Edward Stanfield