|USS Baldwin (series) episode|
|"The Return of Khan"|
|Original post date:||1999|
|Previous episode:||"Wartime Productions"|
|Next episode:||"Time's Eagle"|
- “Captain, we've approached the Jem'Hadar ship, but they are emitting some sort of chronotron radiation.”
- “I didn't know they knew anything about time travel. Temporal investigations is going to love this, Sonya, follow them,”
- “Susan, Where — and when — are we.”
- “We're near a nebula in the Mutara sector, but I don't have it on my star charts. According to astrometric readings, it Stardate 8141.5.”
- “Back us up, now.”
- (The nebula lights up like a newborn star)
- “Congratulations, you guys just witnessed the Genesis Explosion.”
- (The bridge officers give Jenna a puzzled look)
- “Am I the only one who thought the history of James Kirk's USS Enterprise was an easy class?”
- — Jenna Carson and Susan Cassoday, in 2285
- “The wind-up, and the pitch. Swing at that, he lines it to right-center field, the second baseman picks it up. Does he make it in time – yes sir.”
- — Patrick Ingrum, doing a play-by-play
- “Captain, I'm detecting a federation starship on long range sensors not on that patrol,”
- “The Tien An Men?”
- “I understand that the the Tien An Men was lost before the war, but the Dominion isn't known for capturing vessels. Why is this intact.”
- “Roslyn's last assignment was the Tien An Men. Since Dr. Murrow was trying to get her back –”
- “He wanted the crew alive.”
- “I heard that you have detected the Tien An Men.”
- “News seems to travel fast.”
- — Roslyn and Patrick
- “Tactical Alert. All hands — well, you know the drill.”
- — Patrick, giving the order to engage the Tien An Men
- “So, you've come to make sure I was still alive.”
- “Sort of. The Jem'Hadar boarded, but then suddenly left. It doesn't appear that they have ransacked the place.”
- “That's good. Isn't a little cold in here.”
- “It may be a while before we have the heat back on,”
- “I guess if he has any quests for vengeance in the near future, he'll be after me. I just hope I'm ready.”
- — Patrick Ingrum, mindful of the past.
- This is the first story in USS Baldwin to feature Khan. He would continue to be a advisory for Baldwin's captain, making his next appearance in the opening story of the second "season", Storm Front.
- An explanation for the recovery of the Tien An Men is provided to resolve the on-screen mention of her loss and presumed demise in DS9: "In the Cards" and her subsequent appearance in the First Battle of Chin'toka, seen in DS9: "Tears of the Prophets".
- This is also the first, and so far only, appearance of a destruct sequence (real or decoy) in USS Baldwin.
- Dr. Murrow would not make his next appearance until "Evolution"
- Patrick's play-by-play is based on that by local broadcaster Tom Hedrick.
The Return of Khan Full text of the story, on the author's website.