|Affiliation:||Imperial Union of Planets, Imperial Starfleet|
- "You just can't find decent allies these days."
- — Alexei Obrenovic, on Tarl Lori following his vaporization of her.
Lori was born to a family once favored by the Terran Empire before its fall. She had little need or desire to change the universe when she was young, wanting nothing to do with war and bloodshed, until the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance charged her parents with treason, although they were in fact innocent, and killed them in front of Lori's eyes.
She was subsequently kidnapped and brainwashed into serving the Alliance. Lori was forcibly trained in numerous forms of martial arts and in the skill of suppressing her "primitive" emotions (as the Cardassians put it), and was given missions to destroy enemies of the Alliance. For years she wandered the cosmos blindly believing that she was on the side of good, keeping the galaxy safe from harm--until events forced her to re-evaluate that idea.
The Terran rebellion on Terok Nor destroyed her belief in the invulnerability of the Alliance, the first of the major events that placed her on the path for answers. It was a mission like no other, to eliminate a threat to the Alliance. Stephen April had lost favor with the Alliance leadership, to the extent that when he tried to regain their favor by killing rebel leaders, the Alliance actually thought that he had joined them and sent Lori to kill him. April managed to subdue her and convinced her of the truth, that the Alliance had stolen her life. Not believing it, Lori was shown footage of a recording that he had acquired, convincing her to turn against her Alliance masters and join the rebellion.
By the time the Imperial Union of Planets formed, the Alliance despised few individuals as much as Lori. She had gained notoriety by going on a rampage that "made Jack the Ripper look like Mary Poppins". When corruption infected the new Empire, she assisted April in his "purge", destroying all who resisted.
- Lori had a number of relationships among the crew of the ISS Arcadia, one a sexual relationship with Chief Science Officer Nina.
- Another was her alliance with Alexei Obrenovic, which following repeated abuses of his aid resulted in her being vaporized by the same man.
- She was supposedly in love, or what passed for love in her psychotic manner, with Stephen April.
- Lori was almost crazy when enraged and known to kill anything that moved.
- Her modus operandi was to seduce others, render them unconscious (by drugs or other means) and place them in the agony booth, on a fatal setting.