|USS Baldwin (series) episode|
|Original post date:||2000|
|Previous episode:||"Captain's View"|
|Next episode:||"Determined Warrior"|
- “Also, I have a little decoration for your ready room,” (Patrick pulls out a award) “For your quick thinking in the middle of the battle and devising a maneuver using Ottawa's multi-vector assault mode along with Nimitz, I have the pleasure of presenting you with the Grankite Order of Tactics.”
“Not to mention your eternal gratitude for saving your skin,”
- “So, Khan thinks that by swiping Katy, he's going to convince you to confront him.”
“Yes, and he's damn right about it too.”
- — Reinette Hernandez and Patrick, on Khan's Psychological strategy
- “You must really love Katy to do this for her. Would you do if it were one of us?”
“I probably would, but I think Khan knew where to hit me the hardest.”
- — Bridget and Patrick
- “If you're trying to push my buttons, you're hitting them squarely at the bullseye,”
- — Patrick, recognizing Khan's intentions
- In contrast to Kirk in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Richie noted Khan implemented his psychological warfare well, and that he did, in fact, hit the target.
- Andrea Riffin is promoted to captain and awarded the Grankite Order of Tactics for her actions in the previous story, Captain's View.
- This story takes place 4 months after Captain's View. The events of DS9: "Tears of the Prophets" are noted in the opening log.
- The title of the story is a reference to the Billy Joel album, and is the first of many stories in USS Baldwin to take its title directly from the name of a album or song.
- This is the shortest story in USS Baldwin after the 2009 re-write.
Storm Front Full text of the story, on the author's website.