Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Dress uniform Edit
The most formal variant worn on starships combined a Nehru-style jacket worn over black trousers and black boots. The jacket was made of a shiny fabric, and had gold braid along the front, collar, and sleeves according to the wearer's rank. Women could instead wear a dress (over black tights and boots). Senior officers wore it with medal ribbons, and lower ranks an assignment badge. (TOS: "Court Martial", et al.)
Duty uniform Edit
Standard uniform Edit
The standard uniform (worn when not otherwise instructed) consisted of a shirt with black collar worn with black trousers and boots. A black undershirt might be worn under the shirt. The shirt colour was gold for command and tactical, red for engineering and services, and blue for sciences and medicine. Cadets wore metallic grey.
The shirt had braid at the cuffs indicating rank. An assignment patch, varying according to ship or station, was worn on the left breast.
|Ensign||Lieutenant junior grade||Lieutenant|
|Commodore||Rear admiral||Vice admiral|
Optional female variantEdit
Women could instead wear a minidress (with rank braid and assignment badge) over black tights and black boots.
- Zhou Pingmei and Michelle Smithfield preferred to wear trousers (TOSS #16 , Starship Farragut: "For Want of a Nail")
- Jo Harris would wear the dress variant on board ship, changing to shirt and pants when in a landing party. (Starship Exeter: "The Tressaurian Intersection")
- Some furred beings, such as M'Ress, wore the dress without tights or boots. (Star Trek: The Animated Series Comics #6 "Home is Not a Place")
- The landing-party jackets were produced for "For Want of a Nail" by Paul R. Sieber.
Starship commanding officers had the option of a green wrap-around shirt. The collar was trimmed in black, giving an effect reminiscent of a kimono with black under-kimono. Female captains had the further choice of a wraparound minidress variation.
The standard working dress (mostly worn by enlisted personnel while working in shirt-sleeve environments) was a short-sleeved jumpsuit in division colour (gold, red, or blue), worn over a black shirt with black boots. (TOSS #12 )
Pressure suits, hazard suits, and other specialized clothing was also worn as needed.
Standard gear for sport was red tights or unitard, optionally combined with a red wraparound shirt tied with a belt at the waist. This uniform was red regardless of the wearer's division. (TOSS #6 )
- Starfleet ranks (2260s)
- Starfleet ranks (2260s) (assignment patch)
- Starfleet ranks (23rd century collar)
|By era: Earth Starfleet | 2230s | Mid 23rd century-2265 | 2265-2270s | Early 2270s | Late 2270s-2350s | 2350s-2360s | 2366-2370s | 2373- | 29th century|
|By type: Starfleet dress uniform|
|Alternate timelines/Parallel universes: Alternate 2250s | Alternate reality Starfleet uniform | 2386 - (Star Trek: Prometheus) | 2383- (Star Trek: Remington) | Terran Empire uniform|
|Related topics: Starfleet ranks (officers) | Starfleet ranks (enlisted) | Starfleet ranks (miscellaneous) | Starfleet insignia|
- Starfleet uniform (2265-2270s) article at Memory Alpha, the canon Star Trek wiki.
- Starfleet Uniforms 2265-2270 (Spike's Star Trek Page)