Starfleet General Orders and Regulations were a guide to instruct Starfleet members on policies and procedures in situations requiring consultation for a resolution.
General Orders Edit
- General Order 1: The Prime Directive. No starship may interfere with the normal development of any alien life or society. (TOS: "Bread and Circuses", et al.)
- General Order 7: No vessel under any condition, emergency or otherwise, should visit Talos IV. (TOS: "The Menagerie, Part II")
- General Order 24: This order allows a Starfleet vessel to destroy all life on a planet. (TOS: "A Taste of Armageddon", "Whom Gods Destroy")
- Directive 010: Before engaging alien species in battle, any and all attempts to make first contact and achieve nonmilitary resolution must be made. (VOY: "In the Flesh")
- Regulation 619: The commanding officer of a Starfleet unit is required to remove themselves from command, or be removed, if their current mission leaves them emotionally compromised and unable to make rational decisions. (Star Trek, Bait and Switch: "Reality Is Fluid, Part II")
- Regulation 1138: Covers Starfleet fraternization policies. Clause Gamma forbids a superior from engaging in romantic relationship with his or her direct subordinate, while Clause Theta forbids a commanding officer from engaging in such relationships with their command staff. (Bait and Switch: Bait and Switch)