The film was first announced in production on February 1st, 2011, and is currently in pre-production, with the script still being written, as well as establishing characters and locations.
The movie will keep to the 60's style of the Star Trek: The Original Series, and sport such themes as humor, love, isolation, horror, loss/sorrow, mystery, and adventure. The majority of the film will take place in another part of the universe, to prevent continuity errors with established canon. It has been suggested that Renegade will be the first in a trilogy.
A new robotic alien threat, one called the Machina, is considered to be the main villain, as well as the dangers of space exploration itself.
As of February 5th, 2011, Montgomery Scott was been confirmed for a cameo role in the movie.
On February 9, 2011, Captain Dave Metlesits and the crew of the USS Polaris were slated to make a guest appearance in the film. Montgomery Scott was also removed from the film, the creator wanting to keep the film free of famous characters from Star Trek and to prevent any tampering with the Prime Timeline. The main characters of the film should be able to deal with situations on their own.
The USS Renegade investigates the mysterious Galaxy-planet. They subsequently become lost in unknown part of the universe and encounter a hostile race known as the Machina.
- Admiral Malcolm Rouge
- Captain Elli Varamir – Command
- Commander Matthew Harris - Command Intelligence
- Lt. James Mitchel – Communications
- Lt. Commander April Harris – Engineering
- Dr. Rachel Bulski – Medical
- Ensign Caitlyn Velaras – Helm
- Lt. Rill Smiths – Navigation
- Ensign Frank Morris - Defense Stations
- Lt. Melinda Hewit – Environmental Stations
- Ensign Phillips – Security
- Ensign Lauren – Security
- Ensign Ronsen – Security
- Lt. Marc Rogers – Command
- Captain Dave Metlesits
- Vasily Nussbaum