This is a list of all Quotes of the Months showcased on Star Trek Expanded Universe's Main Page. For a list of quotes scheduled to appear on the Main Page in the coming months, see Star Trek Expanded Universe:Quote of the Month.
- Before September 2006 the Quote of the Month didn't exist on STEU. It is policy to choose only fan-created quotes found here on STEU.
- "According to myth, the Earth was created in six days. Now watch out! Here comes Genesis! We'll do it for you in six minutes!"
- — McCoy (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)
- "There is a world of difference between pushing buttons and flying, Mister Hunter."
- — Captain Talath (Star Trek: Intrepid - "Heavy Lies the Crown")
- "Attacking a Klingon and Federation starbase is an act of WAR!"
- — Captain Lewis to Commander Jimb'a (Star Trek: Unity (fan film series))
- "Oh well, stand and be in awe of captain fancy pants! I got news for ya, ya dinnae command but two things now, Jack and Shite...and Jack just left Spacedock."
- — Logan MacLeod to Captain Finnegan (Star Trek: Defenders of the Federation - "Shadow Agent")
- "I have a life with my family. I can't give that up. Not for the galaxy, not for the Federation, not for you. You can find another poster boy!"
- — Timothy Sinclair to Mark Coleman (Star Trek: Pendragon - "True North")
- "Would you believe that we’re here to make snow angels?"
- — Carl Stoeffles to captors (Tales of the Seventh Fleet - "A Touch of Home")
- "I guess the old joke is true: The only way you get a new thought into a Tellarite's head is with a drill. I kind of wish they'd sharpened the drill bits first, though."
- — Doctor Henglaar (Star Trek: Hidden Frontier: "Enemy Unknown, Part One")
- "So let me get this straight. You placed a bet in the ship's pool that Captain Puto here would cause the destruction of Unity... Well I know Puto's command skills need improvement but surely they aren't that bad."
- — Lewis (Star Trek: Unity (fan film series): "New Order")
- "All this. For a history we don't know. For people we may or may not become. Captain. Call it off while you still can!"
- — Doctor McCoy (Star Trek: New Voyages: "In Harm's Way")
- "You can fix the ice cream machine, but can't make the bed in the morning?"
- — Doctor Valerie Lupia to her husband (Tales of the Seventh Fleet - "Return to Doomsday")
- "Remember, I've read your ship's logs, Sandy. Believe me, you need a diplomatic officer. You and your crew operate with all the subtlety of a brick through a glass window."
- — Lt. Commander Pell Ojana to Captain Donald Sandhurst, discussing Pell's posting to the USS Gibraltar. (Star Trek: Gibraltar: "Prophets and Loss")
- "I guess having a transparent cranium doesn't automatically mean you think clearly, does it?"
- — An exasperated Chief Caar to Gallamite crewman Jehcy. (Star Trek: Pendragon: "The Distant Fire")
- "My job? Oh, that’s right, I remember now. That’s what I was doing on the bridge of the Tempest during the war. I was standing knee deep in bodies, surrounded by burning starships on the Bolian Front while Enterprise was playing diplomatic courier and flitting about on archeological surveys. I hope your uniform didn’t get too dirty hauling shovels around the dig sites for your captain."
- — Commander Liana Ramirez to Commander Will Riker, discussing the flagship's non-participation in much of the Dominion War. (Star Trek: Gibraltar: Prophets and Loss)
- "If transwarp wasn't such a big deal right now, this would be getting all the press."
- — Engineer Susan Mirsky to Security Chief Michael Sinclair discussing the use of four warp nacelles. (Star Trek: USS Hathaway: Genesis)
- "I completely understand, Admiral. Just the other day I was saying to GoyCho that space is the final frontier, and that these were the voyages of the starship-- Well, I don't want to bore you with all the details."
- — Lieutenant Armond (Star Trek: Phoenix-X: "The Tilonian System")
- "Don't worry. We have the Enterprise on this mission. What could go wrong?"
- "What can go wrong with the Enterprise? They've only been through five other ships before this one."
- — Lieutenant Commander Nikki Whitechapel and Lieutenant Terri Letac (Star Trek: Swiftfire: "Moral Actions")
- "Yeah, yeah, blah, blah, you always say that, you always threaten us with doomsday, and then we kick your asses... ALL YOUR ASSES!!!"
- — Lewis to the Borg Emperor (Star Trek: Unity (fan film series): "Threads")
- "I want a raise. And hazard pay. And one of those fuzzy lollipops Henglaar keeps in his desk. Second drawer, in the back. Behind the proctology...doohickey."
- — Lt. Jenna McFarland to Admiral Ian Knapp, about to pilot a shuttle through a dangerous region of the Briar Patch, "Past Sins", Star Trek: Hidden Frontier
- "Well. I would call that a person of significance."
- — Henry Prescott III on meeting George Washington in 1776 (Starship Farragut: "For Want of a Nail")
- "Looks like Klingon birds of prey are the first catch of the day! Ooo. That rhymes!"
- — Lewis from Star Trek: Unity (fan film series)
- "Captain! Another ship has fallen into our distressing trap."
- "Do you have to be so dramatic?"
- — Lieutenant Commander Armond and Captian Daniel (Star Trek: Phoenix-X: "The Bermuda Triangle Effect")
- "Personal log, stardate 61125.8: I am the storm-tossed man, but unlike the great Odysseus, I've got thousands of Trojans at my back, marooned in this strange place. How long will we wander before we find our way home? Will Corey be there? Will he recognize me? I have to try. I owe it to the crew. I never thought I would pray to a Prophet, and yet I find myself calling to Prophets so far away. May the wind be at our backs, vigor in our hearts, and luck on our side. And so the journey begins."
- — Lt. Commander Ro Nevin, thrust into command of the USS Odyssey (Star Trek: Odyssey:"Iliad")
- "Listen, I'd love to stay for 20 questions. But you just killed my brother. I think it's time for revenge."
- — Shane (Star Trek: Phoenix-X: "The Return of the Borg")
- "Tell me something good, Stadi."
- "We've got bad guys behind us, something scary in front of us, and oh, warp drive could fail at any moment. How's Connor?"
- "Dead. I'm in command."
- "That was payback for my good news, wasn't it?"
- — Lt.Cdr. Ro Nevin and Lt. Maya Stadi (Star Trek: Odyssey: "Iliad")
- "Look, it's just common sense. If you're a small, gelatinous life-form, you don't sit on the buffet table."
- — Captain Daniel Hunter, on a "misunderstanding" at a diplomatic dinner. (Star Trek: Operation Beta Shield)
- "Can you swim, Captain?"
- "I was in the Academy swim team back in '56. It's like riding a bike… well, not actually like riding a bike."
- — Captain Rachel Daley and Captain Jonathan Masters (Star Trek: Swiftfire: "Waiting for the Sun")
- "I do comprehend loyalty. The difference is that I understand how to separate loyalty to a person from loyalty to the idea of what he once was, and I know when it is time to sever ties of pity when that which once was is lost. Anything else is mere fanaticism."
- — Gul Akellen Macet, reflecting on the events of the Phoenix incident (Star Trek: Sigils and Unions)
- "Assume, that is what you fleshy creatures do. You assume that you have rights. Bah! You had no right to come to our world and tell us how we should live and govern ourselves. We had been living perfectly fine for long before you came. Our government and society were fine. Until the Federation came and ruined everything. You and your ideas of rights and equality. Ka’al had never heard of such words. We were ruled by a king, and it was glorious. We had pride, worth, merit, substance. But then you Federation come with your technology and your ideology and tell us about freedom and equality. You encouraged revolution, and set up a puppet government that you dared to call a democracy. Democracy is not for the So’jan people. We are not human. We are So’ja!"
- — So’jan operative So’han during his interrogation by Commander Peter Bradford after the attempted assassination of President Korvin Mot (Star Trek: Pioneer: "In Custody")
- "I always hated that the Federation had a vacation planet; while Romulus just had Remus."
- — Captain Tressa (Star Trek: Phoenix-X: "The 47's")
- "Red thinks everything is a hostile attempt. On Tuesday, when I offered to walk him to his Diplomacy classes, he threatened to break my legs."
- — Lieutenant Kayl (Star Trek: Phoenix-X: "The Nega'Jem, Part I")
- "...We worked so hard on those transphasic torpedoes - in the future that is. What I'm saying is that it's Starfleet technology! Or, it will be."
- — Lieutenant Commander Armond (Star Trek: Phoenix-X: "Transphasic Meltdown")
- "I'm glad you missed. Getting shot by your own crew. I'd never have lived that down."
- — Captain Jonathan Masters to Ensign Frank Cole. (Star Trek: Swiftfire: "Deployment")
- "We change the past all the time! It's more of a weekend activity on our part."
- — Commander Seifer (Star Trek: Phoenix-X: "Displacement Syndrome")
- "A government's foundation will always crumble when its mortar is the blood of innocents!"
- — Captain Timothy Sinclair on Gul Madred's regime on Cardassia Prime. (Star Trek: Pendragon: "Exile")
- "You know, for a guy who just lost his home world you’re surprisingly spry!"
- — Dr. Chase Braga, referring to Xojo Manjala's behavior aboard the USS Pioneer. (Star Trek: Pioneer: "Dawn")
- "My disability does not sap the value from my life. It only adds complexity. Continuing my service to Cardassia—commanding this ship—carrying my people from battle to battle…holding a stylus in my hand and signing my name…putting on my armor and going to the bridge to serve on those days when the pain is so bad I hardly even feel strong enough get out of bed…I treat all of these things the same way as this puzzle—it is the striving itself that drives me on and gives me meaning, and pushes me further than I would ever manage if I listened to everything I am told about where my limits lie. Let me be the one to find what they are! I will not be swayed! Do you understand now, Dasreen? That very first moment, when you failed to truly see that, to see me—your fate was sealed!"
- — Gul Berat gives the Vorta Dasreen a lesson in Cardassian justice. (Star Trek: Sigils and Unions "Let He Who Has Eyes See")
- "There is a saying in the Empire: 'An altruist is merely a merchant who has not yet named his price.'"
- — Subcommander T'Lorra advising Ro Nevin on trust. (Star Trek: Odyssey: "Keepers of the Wind")
- "Revenge is a dish best served lukewarm."
- — Captain Harley Menrow (Star Trek: Phoenix-X: "Remnants")
- "Sleep? There's no such thing. It's just an old space tale, like sparkle-dancers or Klingons with a heart of gold"
- "No. I remember sleep. I did it once. You lie down and don't do anything for six hours. Vonderful."
- — Scotty and Chekov, after Uhura mentions the crew's lack of sleep. (Star Trek: New Voyages: "Blood and Fire, Part 1")
- "Please don’t let me become like that, sealed in there all alone with nothing but my contempt to sustain me. I want to see...I want to feel, and understand, to know what it is to draw close to you and reflect the light of your flame. Don’t forsake your children—don’t withdraw your spirit from our hearts in our time of trial…and please, let us not forsake you."
- — Skrain Dukat's silent prayer after a vision of his alternate self. (Sigils and Unions: Catacombs of Oralius--The Desolate Vigil.)
- "Progress comes at a price, but the time will always come that the price is too high for some, while we look out to that next star; we sometimes forget those that we leave behind. This Federation was not formed on the principles of war, but on peace and exploration."
- — Rachel Covaks after being promoted, Star Trek: Constance, To Boldly Go
- "If the penalty for making captain of the Celestial or the Oriskany is to grow facial hair so large it has its own gravity field, I'll bloody quit!"
- — Commander Rylov O'Connell. (Star Trek: DeLorean: "The Wrath of Kelnar")
- "Prophets, give strength to those who are on this long journey home, and give us the ability to persevere over the coming months and years. May we not stray from the ideals that we hold true, and may we one day see our loved ones again. The journey ahead of us is one that we will take, for what choice do we have. May our strength never wane, and may our ship still hold fast, and may we return home one day."
- — Lieutenant Drash Elia. (Star Trek: Helen: "The Omega Directive")