The novels deal with the conflict between the Federation and the Klingon Empire known as the Four Years War. Most of the information in these books comes from various FASA RPG elements, as well as other canon and non-canon sources.
From the back cover of Book 1:
"It started as an unprovoked attack on a small research colony on the fringes of Federation space. Little did either side know that ensuing conflict would encompass the entire sector, cost thousands of lives on both sides, and permanently alter the destines of two of the most powerful factions in the Alpha Quadrant.
When the relentless forces of the Klingon Empire invaded Federation space in a simple quest for territorial gains, they didn't expect to meet the unstoppable might and unequaled courage of the brave men and women of Starfleet Command.
This is how it all began..."
To date, two novels have been completed and the third is in development, scheduled for release in the summer of 2013.
- Destruction of a D4 class light cruiser by the Marklin-class class V destroyer USS Xenophon, October 2251. The destroyers captain is Garth of Izar.
- Second Battle of Axanar, late February
- The Battle of Andromeda, April
- The Battle of Genmarx, early May
- The Encounter at Lea, late May
- The convoy raid near Xamdab II, July
- The Battle of Lyclydun, October
- Janni IV is invaded by Klingons, October
- Assault an Nozsecca VIII, November
- Battle of GR-1, November
- Attack on Convoy Y-16Z, December
- Zone of Transport Escort is inacted. January
- The Nostveg Engagement takes place, February
- The Battle of Joia V, February
- The Battle of Sinbad IV, March
- The Battle of Delgon-R, April
- The Battle of Sector-23H, May
- The Battle of Falgor, May
- The light cruiser USS Pinafore disappears without a trace in an unmapped region of Federation space, May
- The Battle of Lasur Funop, June
- All Constitution-class vessels are removed from front line combat duties, July
- The Bode-class scout is stricken from the Starfleet Vessel Register, August
- The USS Santee, first of the four-ship Santee-class escort carriers, is launched in total secrecy from the Federation shipyards at Thranstor. These ships will see extensive combat duty throughout the war, August
- The Encounter at Videtu, September
- The Battle of Klef, October
- The Battle of Ogolo, October
- The Battle of Jevol, October
- The USS Endeavor is reported missing with all hands, November
- NX-class exploration vessel Enterprise, the oldest commisioned vessel in Starfleet, is fully opened to the public at the Memory Alpha museum, December
- The Debacle at Giso, January.
- The Defense of Rudgur III. This battle marks the first use by the Klingon's of the lethal never gas known as chlortheragen, February.
- The USS Enterprise diverts to the Talos star system in response to a distress call, March.
- The 21st Strike Squadron--comprised of the Detroyat class destroyers Jezer, Laffer, and Long Beach--mysteriously disappears near the Romulan Neutral Zone, March.
- Following a review by the Starfleet Secretary, and acting under authority granted by the Federation Council, General Order 7 is instituted, April.
- The Battle of Keese, May.
The Starfleet's First Fleet was primarily tasked with thwarting the Klingon's intrusion into Federaiton space.