Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Star Trek: The Continuing Mission is an independently produced, non-profit, science fiction series set in the Star Trek universe. The show, created by Sebastian Prooth and Andy Tyrer in July 2007, is released exclusively via the Internet in the form of downloadable audio dramas. Sebastian Prooth and Andy Tyrer serve as the show's co-executive producers. On November 10, 2007 it was announced that cast member Patrick McCray (Jack McGuire) would be joining the production team as a producer.
The pilot episode, "Ghost Ship," was released on December 25, 2007, and since then six more episodes have been released, most recently "Earth" on August 27, 2011. The producers' stated goal is for future releases to be on a quarterly basis.
The Continuing Mission follows the adventures of the Trieste class, USS Montana (NCC-1786) and a crew led by seven humans and a Betazoid. The premise involves the Montana and her crew’s unexpected transference from the 23rd century, around the time of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, to the 24th century, approximately 10 years prior to the continuity of Star Trek: The Next Generation where they are re-integrated into a very different Starfleet from which they came.
Both the USS Montana and crew are original characters created specifically for this series. Though references to canonical Star Trek names, places, and events appear in the series, the events depicted in the series are not official canon.
Cast and crewEdit
- Tim Renshaw as Captain Paul Edwards (Episodes 1-6)
- Patrick McCray as Chief Engineer Jack McGuire
- Stephen Perkins as Commander Darius Locke
- Brian Bonner as Chief of Security and Tactical Officer Thomas J. Plummer
- Scott Martineck as Science Officer Stephen Knight / Captain Paul Edwards (Episode 7 - )
- Gabriel Diani as Chief Medical Officer Kyle Wilson
- Tiffany Tallent as Science Officer Numi Natukov and Media Liaison Kelly Natukov
- Etta Devine as Helmsman Susan Palmer
- Jim Manikas as Communications Officer Peter Gilmore
- Corinne Tandy as Operations Officer, Telara, and Nurse Beldon.
- Dr. Wohlschlegel as Himself
Recurring and guest charactersEdit
- Joe Klein as Narrator / Voice of the Series
- Cheralyn Lambethv as Computer Voice
- Craig Clayton as Engineering Officer Michaels
- Matt Adams as Security Officer Meechum
- Alec Lee as Benjamin Poole
- Ben Nelson as Ensign Martin
- James Francis as Ensign Bishop
- John Mayer as Constable Delnya
- Charles Miller as Sytok
- Sebastian Prooth - Creator, Executive Producer, Writer, Director (Season 1)
- Andy Tyrer - Creator, Executive Producer, Writer, Editor
- Patrick McCray - Executive Producer, Writer
|1||"Ghost Ship"||December 25, 2007||Andy Tyrer and Sebastian Prooth|
|2||"Integration"||Part I: May 4, 2008; Part II: July 27, 2008||Sebastian Prooth, Andy Tyrer and Patrick McCray|
|3||"Learning Curve"||October 31, 2008||Andy Tyrer|
|4||"The Darkest of Thoughts"||January, 2009||David Raines|
|5||"Command Decision"||June, 2009||David Raines|
|6||"We Will Control All That You See and Hear"||Fall, 2009||David Raines|
|7||"Earth"||August 27, 2011||David Raines|
|Actor||Character||Episode||Connection to the Star Trek universe|
|Lawrence Montaigne||Commander Vellar||"Ghost Ship"||Montaigne played the Romulan, Decius, in the original series episode "Balance of Terror" placing him amongst the very first Romulans to ever appear on screen in Star Trek: The Original Series. He also played Spock's Vulcan rival, Stonn, in the episode "Amok Time".|
|Guy Vardaman||Abdiel||"Command Decision"||Vardaman worked as an extra and photo double for actor Brent Spiner on Star Trek: The Next Generation.|
|Daniel Roebuck||Admiral Rowan||"We Will Control All That You See and Hear"||Roebuck guest starred in the episode "Unification" of Star Trek: The Next Generation.|
|Spice Williams-Crosby||Captain Merrick||"We Will Control All That You See and Hear"||Williams-Crosby starred as Vixis the female Klingon in Star Trek V: The Final Frontier and has performed stunts on Star Trek television episodes.|
|Celeste Yarnall||T'pauk of Vulcan||"We Will Control All That You See and Hear"||Yarnall guest starred on the Star Trek: The Original Series episode "The Apple" as Ensign Martha Landon.|
|Larry Nemecek||Commander Dolding||"We Will Control All That You See and Hear"||Nemecek is a prolific Star Trek author and appeared in the Star Trek: Enterprise series finale "These Are The Voyages".|
|Evan English||Captain Musaki||"We Will Control All That You See and Hear"||English worked as an extra and stand-in on Star Trek: Enterprise.|
|Mark Allen Shepherd||Commander Miller||"We Will Control All That You See and Hear"||Allen-Shepherd appeared in every season of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine as Quark's silent but friendly customer, Morn.|
- ↑ http://scifi.about.com/od/podcastsandwebisodes/a/CONT_launch.htm
- ↑ http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/12/20/star.trek.podcast/index.html?iref=newssearch
- Star Trek: The Continuing Mission
- Article about Star Trek: The Continuing Mission (12/20/07) on CNN.com
- Interview with Sebastian Prooth and Andy Tyrer on Slice of Sci-Fi
- Review of pilot episode on About.com
- Interview with Sebastian Prooth on About.com
- Star Trek: The Continuing Mission Official Website
- Star Trek: TCM's Official Podcasts
- Interview with Treks in Sci Fi Podcast, September 2007