Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- You may also be looking for Star Trek: Distant Horizons.
- You may also be looking for Star Trek: Distant Horizon.
|STAR TREK FAN FICTION|
|Star Trek: New Horizons|
Star Trek: New Horizons (abbreviated NH) is a fan fiction series created by Travis Cannon which follows the adventures of the crew of the USS Horizon (NCC-91901). The series is a spin-off of Travis Cannon's Star Trek: Pioneer.
Canon and continuityEdit
The continuity of Star Trek: New Horizons includes all canon works:
- Star Trek: Enterprise
- Star Trek: The Original Series
- Star Trek: The Animated Series
- Star Trek: The Next Generation
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
- Star Trek: Voyager
- Star Trek films (1-10)
- Star Trek (2009) - Only the events that occurred in 2387, including Nero and Spock's departure through the black hole.
Other works considered canon:
The USS Horizon, an Emperor-class starship, was equipped with an experimental folded space drive, dubbed a jump drive. During the test, the Horizon becomes lost in an unknown region of space. The navigation system has been fried and the jump drive takes 48 hours to recharge before another jump can be attempted. The crew are lost and each jump they make is based on random coordinates that the computer generates. With casualties and unexpected burdens, they continue on, hoping that each jump might bring them a step closer to home.
- 1.00 - "Horizon"
- 1.05 - "Night"
- 1.06 - "Alice"
- 1.07 - "Wormhole"
- 1.08 - "Blue"
- 1.09 - "Hive"
- 1.10 - "White Rabbit"
Throughout the series, blog-style logs from Horizon crew members were posted.
- CL 1.01 - "Lost" - Jack Keller
- CL 1.02 - "Jack is back!" - Kelly Saunders
- CL 1.03 - "sick" - Donald Hutchby
- CL 1.04 - "Worried about Rutledge" - Janice Pelar
- CL 1.05 - "In need of a safe harbor" - James Morgan
- Commander Jack Keller - Executive officer
- Lieutenant Janice Pelar - Starfleet Observer
- Colonel James Morgan - MACO Commanding officer
- Commander Kelly Saunders - Chief Medical Officer
- Lieutenant, j.g. Carmen Gomez - Engineer
- Lieutenant Donald Hutchby - Science Officer
- Ensign Manny Hakim - Helmsman
- Lieutenant, j.g. Johann Astian - Assistant chief medical officer of the USS Horizon.
- Lieutenant Commander Zachary Beltram - Chief Engineer of the USS Horizon.
- Captain Gavin Pryce - Commanding officer of the USS Horizon.
- Lieutenant Commander Zed - Tactical officer of the USS Horizon.
- Lieutenant Commander Lipton - Chief Science Officer of the USS Horizon.
"Behind the scenes"Edit
- Star Trek: New Horizons was inspired from a story by Austin Wagner-Cannon, in which a ship that has an experimental drive opens up wormholes to travel through space. However, the crew are unable to control where the wormhole takes them. When Travis Cannon decided to develop this into a Star Trek-based fan fiction series, he attached it to his Star Trek: Pioneer series by making it a spin-off, and having it take place concurrently with season six and onward of Star Trek: Pioneer.
- Many episodes employed the literary technique known as in medias res; having the story begin during the middle or at the end of the narrative, then going back to the start of the action to so how things got there.