Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|STAR TREK FAN FILM|
|Star Trek: Lexington (New Beginnings)|
|Series:||USS Lexington (NCC-1709-A)|
Star Trek: Lexington (New Beginnings) is a proposed fan film series taking place in the Star Trek: The Motion Picture era; more specifically, after the events seen in Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (2286-2287), following the crew of the USS Lexington (NCC-1709-A), a Odysseus-class starship.
Lexington (New Beginnings) was conceived as a restart of the original series, as most of the original cast and crew had left the production. To honor their work, Lexington producers decided to recast and crew, going so far as to creating a couple of new characters and use a new ship. The new ship is a semi-canon Odysseus-class starship, designed by Todd Gunther and James Snaith.
The production is based in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Captain Alexander McKnight, commanding officer
- Commander Declan Ironsides, executive officer and chief engineer
- Commander Angelica McKnight, communications officer
- Lieutenant Commander Jason Lee, helmsman
- Lieutenant Commander Dawn Mathias, chief medical officer
- Lieutenant Commander Saavik, chief science officer
- Lieutenant Valentina Tereshkova, navigator
- Major Cullen Areniego, Commanding Officer, Hotel Company (SOC), Second Marine Battalion (SOC), Fifth Marine Division, 31st Marine Expeditionary Unit
- Admiral Harry Morrow, Starfleet Commander
- Vice Admiral Melissa Sabulao, Commanding Officer, Third Fleet
- Captain Rolf Ericson, Commanding Officer, USS Discovery
- Captain Jason McKnight, Commanding Officer, USS Intrepid
- Lexington actually began as a series of short stories. The first short story, entitled "A trip to the past", was written on 15 August 1986, a few months before Star Trek: The Next Generation aired.
- The decision to make Lexington a live-action series was made in August 2004 when Star Trek: New Voyages premiered with their episode "Come What May".
- The original Lexington episode All in the Appearances, was filmed in 2007-2008 in Birmingham, Alabama. Due to an external hard drive crash, a majority of the footage was lost. While there is still an attempt to piece together this episode, it was decided in 2012 to reboot the series, maintaining the "Star Trek: Lexington" moniker, with the additive (New Beginnings) to encompass the new series.