Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Armaments:|| 4 Phasers|
3 Torp Launchers
The Soyuz class was a type of Federation starship, serving in Starfleet during the late 23rd century before its retirement by 2290. One Soyuz-class ship was the USS Bozeman, initially thought lost in 2278. (TNG: "Cause and Effect")
Similar in design to the Miranda class, the typical Soyuz-class starship had an enlarged aft section housing cargo- and shuttlebays. Several large outboard sensor pods, sometimes mistaken for heavy weapon mounts, also graced the enlarged aft section.
The Soyuz class starships were designated as an attack frigate or tactical frigate. The aft section of the primary hull had megaphaser mounts (rather than sensor pods) and has launch bays for fightercraft.
- Length: 234 m
- Width: 141 m
- Height: 68 m
- Displacement: (Mk I) 187, 193 mt; (Mk II) 201,478 mt; (Mk III) 208,755 mt
- Ship's complement: 429 officers and crew; 129 troops; 35 passengers
- Weaponry: (Mk I and II) 6 FH-10 phasers; (Mk III) 6 FH-11 phasers; (Mk I) 6 FMH-1 megaphasers; (Mk II) 6 FMH-5 megaphsers; (Mk III) 6 FMH-10 megaphasers
- Warp engines: Leeding FWG-2 (maximum safe cruising speed: warp factor 8; emergency speed: warp factor 9)
- Impulse engines: (Mk I) FIF-2; (Mk II) FIF-3; (Mk III) FIG-2
Source: Jackill's Starfleet Reference Manual: Ships of the Fleet, vol. 1 (2006 revision)
Star Trek: Avenger and Star Trek: Accord continuitiesEdit
The Star Trek: Avenger and Star Trek: Accord fan fiction continuities subscribe to this interpretation (i.e., of the ship's having megaphasers rather than sensor pods, and of the rear of the extended primary hull containing launch bays for fighters). These continuities also continue the use of the Soyuz-class starships past the canonical 2290 date and into the early 24th century.
Further, while Jackill's notes that the Soyuzii were commissioned in the mid-2270s, these two continuities see that as a refit and recommissioning date from a class (also named Soyuz) that was similar but used PB-31 or similar type warp nacelles available in the late 2250s.
The Soyuz class is seen as a derivative of the Miranda-class and this type of vessel is called a "super" heavy destroyer. The aft hull section is said to house additional deuterium and antimatter stores. The class has a total of four type-2 pulse phaser cannons mounted at the hardpoints. (Kennedy Shipyards: Starfleet Vessel Miranda Class Starship USS Reliant NCC-1864: General Blueprints and Specifications)
This continuity also says that the class was in service 80 years past the canonical 2290 date, as late as the Dominion War.
- Length: 254 m
- Width: 151 m
- Height: 64 m
- Ship's complement: 64 officers, 315 crew
- Weaponry: phasers (6 banks of 2 cannons); megaphasers: (6 turrets with 2 cannons); photon torpedoes: 2 tubes
Source: Orion Press: Lexicon S-T (2010 revision)
- USS Soyuz (NCC-1930)
- USS Shenzhou (NCC-1931)
- USS Ariane (NCC-1932)
- USS Blue Streak (NCC-1933)
- USS Kliper (NCC-1934)
- USS Kuru (NCC-1935)
- USS Long March (NCC-1936)
- USS Saratoga (NCC-1937)
- USS Beagle (NCC-1960)
- The USS Saratoga was originally a Soyuz-class refitted to a Miranda-class heavy frigate in 2273. (Orion Press: "False Colors", Old Feuds, Chekov's Enterprise)
- USS Energia (NCC-1938)
- USS Crews (NCC-1939)
- USS Black Night (NCC-1940)
- USS Bozeman (NCC-1941)
- USS Surkam (NCC-1942)
- USS Missouri (NCC-1943)
Source: Orion Press: Lexicon Appendix I-3 (2008 revision)
Diane Carey's Ship of the LineEdit
|USS Accord - USS Bozeman - USS Pandora - USS Soyuz|
|Trekmania: USS Arlington - USS Billings - USS Courageous - USS Corona - USS Great Falls - USS Hutchinson - USS Komarov - USS Montana - USS Nevada - USS Nikolayev - USS Sevastyanov - USS Shoshone - USS Soyuz - USS Topeka - USS Wichita|