|Siblings:|| Amaranta (sister)|
Childhood and Teenage YearsEdit
Throughout her childhood, Remedios Fernandes spent a lot of time aboard the USS Auckland (NCC-4100) with her siblings, Amaranta and Antonio, and her parents as the latter two tested various prototype equipment they had invented.
Sometime during her teenage years, her parents' experiments with a coaxial warp drive aboard the Auckland went horribly wrong, severely damaging the ship and issuing an abandon ship order from the ship's captain. Remedios survived this incident, and the survivors spent several weeks on a planet affected by the aftermath, nearly driving them all insane. (Star Trek: The Cantabrian Expeditions: "Salvation")
Remedios Fernandes was related to:
- Dr. Xavier Fernandes, her father;
- Dr. Maria Fernandes, her mother;
- Amaranta Fernandes, her younger sister;
- Antonio Fernandes, her younger brother.
- Named after the character Remedios the Beauty in One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.