- For the original prompt, see: STO Literary Challenge #63 : Nightmare Anomaly
|Original post date:||2014-05-09|
|Previous episode:||"In a Window, Darkly"|
|Next episode:||"The New Frontier"|
On an exploration mission into unknown space, the Phoenix-X stumbles upon and gets caught in an uncatalogued, unusual anomaly.
- "Being the twenty-fifth Phoenix-ship, we have a standard to uphold, and that standard is existence."
- — Oroku Seifer
- This story jumps ahead in the Star Trek: Phoenix-X timeline to 2410 and is the first story to feature Seifer, who is later established as a separate host, Oroku Seifer, to the Seifer symbiont in "Delta Recruit".
- Red does not appear in this story and the 'literary' stories that follow this.
- Cell makes a brief cameo appearance, but does not return in future stories.
- This story was the first of Hawku's written challenges to be written in prose format.