Night was the Trill host joined to at least three Trill symbionts in his lifetime: First, the Gotens symbiont, as Night Gotens, then, the Xen symbiont, as Night Xen, and finally, against his will, the Seifer symbiont, as Night Seifer. He served as a Starfleet first officer and then commanding officer aboard the USS Phoenix-X in the late 24th century. During his joinings, he was most commonly known by his symbiont (last) name (i.e., simply as Gotens, Xen, and Seifer). (Star Trek: Phoenix-X)
Night graduated Starfleet Academy and served Starfleet for quite some time before applying at the Trill Symbiosis Commission. In 2365, he completed the program and joined to the Gotens symbiont after Rivera Gotens. Fourteen years later the Gotens symbiont was removed and replaced by the Seifer symbiont.
- See: Night Gotens
Night Xen existed briefly in 2375. During a mission to the Breen homeworld, Night Gotens encountered a dying Trill carrying a symbiont: Xen. According to Admiral Theseus, the Xen symbiont had hit legendary status as being the oldest and most intelligent symbiont to live. In order to save the symbiont's life, Night Gotens had to temporarily house the Xen symbiont long enough for he, the Captain, and the Doctor to get out of the Breen system. ("Guinea Pigs")
- See: Night Seifer
- "Most of the systems have lost the 47-bug, but I think I’m going to miss the Gagh."
- — Star Trek: Phoenix-X: "The 47's"
|USS Phoenix (NCC-65420-X) senior staff|
|The symbionts of the Night host|
|Gotens | Xen | Seifer|
- When the character was named Gotens, he was named after Son Goten and Gotenks from the Dragon Ball series.
- Seifer was named after Seifer Almasy from the video game Final Fantasy VIII.
- Seifer was originally role-played by Hawku in early Season 1. By mid-Season 1, the series turned from role-play to episodic. Oroku Seifer, based on Night Seifer, is continued as a role-play character by Hawku in the Star Trek Online: Literary Challenges, starting with Season 4's Literary episode and entry "Nightmare Anomaly".
- In "Nightmare Anomaly", Seifer appears to be in command of the Phoenix-X by the year 2410, but it isn't until "Teaching the Next Generation" that Seifer's full name is revealed as Oroku Seifer, thus establishing that Seifer in all Literary Challenges, and, thus, the 25th century, is not Night Seifer but a later Trill incarnation.
- At the beginning of Season 1, from Episode 1 - "The Tiloniam System" to Episode 6 - "The Cloud Aloft", he was known as Night. In some instances, he is simply written as Commander.
- In the second part of Episode 6, "Home, Part I" and Episode 7 - "Home, Part II", he is randomly referred to, and written, as both Night and Gotens.
- From Episode 8 - "The Bajoran Trove" on to the end of Season 1 in Episode 24 - "Secret Shuttles, Part I", he was written as Gotens.
- In the four-part mini-arc, "Secret Shuttles, I, II, III, and IV", he undergoes a radical name change through the storyline of losing his old symbiont and gaining a new one. In the beginning he is still written as Gotens, but then when his symbiont is exchanged for the Seifer symbiont, he differs his name and is written, back as Night. Although he contains the new Seifer symbiont, it isn't until the end of Secret Shuttles, Part IV, that, story-wise, he accepts, and, screen-wise, is finally written as Seifer.
- From Episode 28 - "The Invisible Enemy" and onwards through every consecutive episode, he is written as Seifer.
|This is a Star Trek Expanded Universe featured article. We believe that it is well put together, informative and one of the best examples of the wiki's work. If you see a way to improve this page further, we invite you to contribute. To see other featured articles, click here.|