|Star Trek: Valkyrie episode|
|Airdate:||29 June 2012|
|Running time:||17 mins|
|Next episode:||"The Road to Tomed"|
"New Command" is the pilot episode of the Star Trek: Valkyrie audio series.
The USS Saratoga is en-route to dock at Starbase 11 after completing the annual Starfleet mapping of the Genesis system. Once docked Captain Stanfield and First Officer Leonin Amorek report to the Starbase commander Admiral Markoweitz, who informs Amorek of his promotion to the rank of captain of the Saratoga. Stanfield is ordered to report to Admiral Sondergaard on Copernicus Base, Luna.
After travelling to Luna, the Admiral informs Stanfield that he is to take command of the newly completed starship USS Valkyrie (NCC-2590) as her original captain was killed in an Orion pirate raid. With the ship ready for launch, a commissioning ceremony is performed and the command codes transferred by Sondergaard to Captain Stanfield.
After launch the Valkyrie rendezvous with the USS Akagi to pick up Stanfield's choice for first officer, Commander Andrew Miller. The ship then begins a shakedown cruise before embarking on a mission of exploration and discovery.
- Jerry Stanford as Captain Edward J. Stanfield
- Michael Liebmann as Commander Andrew Miller
- Jacob Stanford as Lt. Travis Reed and Captain Prescott
- Toby Curfman as Second Officer Lt. Commander Shrun
- Michael Stütelberg as Chief Engineer Lt. Commander Paul Elberg
- Dean Rogers as Lt. Michael Swanson
- Spring Stanford as Lt. JG Gina Bellamy
- Andrea Columber as the Ship's Computer Voice and Series Announcer
- Ian Clement as Vice Admiral Markoweitz
- Robin Hiert ( Star Trek: Dark Armada) as Rear Admiral Sondergaard
- Jeff Green (Project Potemkin) as Captain Alec Grigory of the USS Potemkin
- Tony Johanning as Commander Leonin Amorek
- "Maybe we have earned a few days R and R on the base, I know several of the crew would appreciate it. As First Officer, I think we need it Captain."
- — Commander Leonin Amorek
- "She's ready for launch now and I think you're the man for the job. So are you ready for a new challenge Captain?"
- — Admiral Sondergaard to Captain Stanfield