Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A network system is a system which connects 2 or more electronic devices and enables the communication between them.
- The Borg Collective is connected via a network system
- Subspace relay network
- Most of all big spaceships have an Intranet system controlled by a central computer.
- In Dimensional Prophecy of Zohar and Dragon Ball Z vs. Star Trek: The Beginning of Infinity, there is a public communication network similar to the Internet. This network can be shown in a way similar to the Internet or as a Virtual Reality environment.
- Many buildings on Federation planets have got an intranet to control systems of the building like doors. (Dragon Ball Z vs. Star Trek: The Way of Infinity)
- Routers are devices used to connect intranet systems with the internet.(Dragon Ball Z vs. Star Trek: The Way of Infinity)
- In communication networks , there are special systems to give every device connected to the network a unique address. This address can be used to find the device.(Dragon Ball Z vs. Star Trek: The Way of Infinity)
Important network computersEdit
- Memory Alpha database storage computers, computers located on the Memory Alpha planetoid where most of the cultural and scientific data collected by the federation is stored(TOS: "The Lights of Zetar")
- The main servers of Earth are in a building near the south pole.(Dragon Ball Z vs. Star Trek: The Way of Infinity)
Electronic devices connected to networksEdit
- In the last episode of Dragon Ball Z vs. Star Trek: The Beginning of Infinity, it is stated that many doors in the territory of the Federation are controlled via network and that in such networks, there is a central server where the access rights of all doors in the network are saved.
- Some cyberware implants can be connected to computer networks. (Dimensional Prophecy of Zohar)
- Closed-circuit television cameras are connected to a central computer system to save and analyse the recorded data. (Dimensional Prophecy of Zohar)
Network programming devicesEdit
- In the last episode of Dragon Ball Z vs Star Trek The Beginning of Infinity, there is shown an unspecified network database program similar to MySQL.
- There are special protection programs , who pocess a limited AI. They are used in a similar manner as antivirus programs, but work faster. These programs only destroy harmful programs which could affect the actual task of the user. They don't destroy every harmful program in the users system. (Dragon Ball Z vs. Star Trek: The Way of Infinity)