|Frontier Fleet: USS Calhoun episode|
|""Into the Unknown""|
|Writer(s):||Clare Bradley (creator)|
|Original post date:||December 2000?|
|Stardate:||May 16, 2390|
|Previous episode:||"Into the Unknown"|
|Next episode:||"Main's Brain"|
The Calhoun managed to exist the transwarp tunnel, but collided with one of the large creatures that had been following it. The impact damaged the ship, killing chief engineer Jason Buagh and Ambassador Deleane as well as several other crewmembers. It was found that the damage had been worsened by Commander Fox D. Main's attempt to raise the shields from his quarters, demonstrating his increasingly erratic behaviour. He was transferred to the brig.
Main escaped, taking a shuttle, and Lieutenant Aidon Danga, chief of operations, as hostage. A second shuttle was sent in pursuit. Meanwhile, the Talaxians made contact with the damaged Calhoun, towing it to their homeworld for repairs.
- Several characters died in this episode, most notably main characters Jason Buagh and Deleane, leading to the Calhoun's enduring nickname of "Ship of the Doomed".
- This episode did not initially have a title, and only acquired it retroactively in 2008, when all past episodes were given titles.
- This episode's posts are missing from the archives, which only begin mid-way during episode 1x05 "The Parting of the Ways". "Maiden Voyage" is thus one of the Calhoun's four and a half "missing episodes".
Initial Season 1 cast and crewEdit
- Clare BRADLEY as Captain Sera VAUN
- Guido DORSSERS as Commander Fox D. MAIN
- Derek PEARS as Chief Medical Officer Rovan BREN
- Brandon ALLARD as Consul Devon TORLITH
- Bram PEETERS as Chief of Science Jim JANSSENS
- Jonathon HARGAN as Chief Engineer Jason BUAGH
- Melinda MARTIN as Chief Counsellor Laoise O'CEALLAIGH
- Jaap MARSMAN as Assistant Chief Medical Officer Jerok NOVIA
- Rob VERLINDEN as Chief of Security LOGIX
- James CECIL as Assistant Chief Counsellor Michael A. STONEWALL
- Frank ROGERS as Ambassador DELEANE