Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- For other meanings of "Luna", see Luna (disambiguation).
- The Moon
- Sol IIIa
- La Lune
- Der Mond
- The Lunar Colonies
- Primary: Sol
- Planet: Earth
- Class: D
- Diameter: 3,476 km
- Mass: 7.35 * 10^22 kg
- Surface gravity: 1.62 m/sec^2
- Distance from Earth: 384'000 Km
- Surface temperature: -155̊ to 105̊C
- Rotational period: 27.3 days
- Orbital period (around Earth): 27.3 days
The Moon is believed to have been created when a Mars-sized planetesimal (designated Theia by 20th century astrophysicists) collided with Earth in its early history.
The first known Moon landing was in 1969. Goddard Moonbase was established in 1997, with permanent settlements established over the next decade. (Star Trek Spaceflight Chronology; TOS novel: Strangers from the Sky)
In the 24th century there were over 50 million people living on the Moon. (Star Trek: First Contact) In Earth slang, people who lived on the moon were called lunar schooners. The lunar inhabitants were not fond of the term. (DS9: "Valiant"; Star Trek: Pendragon: "Children of the Burning Heart")
- The diplomat Emanuel Tagore received a degree and/or taught here, per The Final Reflection.
- Lunar colonies
- Luna City (FASA)
- Copernicus City (TNG: "Conundrum")
- Farside (Star Trek II Biographies; FASA)
- Lunar One (Star Trek Star Charts)
- Lunaport (TAS: "Yesteryear")
- Lake Armstrong (Star Trek: First Contact)
- New Berlin (Star Trek: First Contact)
- Oceanview (TOS novel: Prime Directive)
- Orpheus Mining Colony (ENT: "Zero Hour", "Demons")
- Port Copernicus
- Tranquility Base (ENT: "In a Mirror, Darkly")
- Tycho City (Star Trek: First Contact; DS9: "Valiant")
- The Vulcanis Lunar Colony is presumably not located on a moon of Vulcan, as it does not have any moons. Given its name, it may be on Luna.