|Original post date:||2007-01-19|
|Previous episode:||"Transphasic Meltdown"|
|Next episode:||"Broken Pieces"|
The Phoenix-X encounters a spacial anomaly known as a molecular reversion field. Inside its fatal field is the Raptor, and an aging Kayl. Before the ship is destroyed, the Phoenix-X beams her onboard, but find that she has become young again. It is discovered that the effects of the field were responsible for her de-aging, and before anything can be done - the Phoenix-X itself becomes entrapped within the inversion field.
- "If everyone had a choice, they'd beam through a molecular reversion field every 50th birthday and become young again. Thus, ultimately discovering a fountain of youth."
- — Lox
- The extra non-canon Borg Regenerative Hull and the Carthaginian Lightning Shields are destroyed by the reversion field in this episode.
- The Silillian starship Raptor is also destroyed by the reversion field in this episode.
- RaeLuna mentions "the city" while the episode text mentions Narendra III being "populated by thousands of people": this is a reference to the Star Trek novel "The Brave and the Bold" which establishes that the planet is populated with dozens of cities and thousands of people.
- Kayl returns as a main character. She was last seen in the episode "Occurrence, Part II", but last referenced in "The Timeship".
- Spock 2 makes an appearance. He was known from the Star Trek: The Animated Series episode "The Infinite Vulcan".
- Deep Space 7 is visited by the Phoenix-X, and was referenced in the Star Trek: Voyager episode "In the Flesh".
- The Phoenix-X's registry is established as NCC-75948 - explaining that the previously established NCC-00001 was a decoy registry Section 31 used to avoid starship inspections. In the Season 4 episodes "Secret Occurrences" and "Into Harshness", the NCC-75948 registry is revealed to be a mistake, inputted at random by a Pakled engineer before launch. The true registry is then revealed to be NCC-65420-X, putting it in the line of ships with the USS Phoenix.