Early life and careerEdit
Jason was accepted for Starfleet Academy in 2282. While there, he met future Lexington crew members Valentina Tereshkova and Saavik and served on the USS Enterprise (NCC-1701) during the Battle of the Mutara Nebula.
After a week’s leave, he received orders to the refitted Constitution-class starship USS Antietam, where he was again paired with her Academy friend Tereshkova. In one mission, Antietam answered a distress call issued by a gaggle of freighters being attacked by Klingon renegades. Antietam engaged and drove off the Klingons and he found himself assigned to a landing party for damage assessment on one of the freighters. They were engaged by Klingons raiders that had remained and a heavy fight ensued. All but one crewmember returned: Valentina had been hit and was presumed dead.
A month later, he received orders to report to the new USS Odysseus under the command of Captain Alexander McKnight. Tereshkova was there to meet him and they were again paired as helmsman and navigator.
Family and personal lifeEdit
Jason had a younger sister, Cathryn. He was very proper in manners and he was used to using concise English. He was not known to be much of a person for parties; he would much rather stay at home (unless the party involves him showing off his piloting capability). Despite that, he had been known to go "pubbing" when on shore leave. He would also go flying any chance he gets and he had on many occasions, challenged the only other fighter pilot on the Lexington -- Alex McKnight -- to mock dogfights.
Jason also apparently dated at the Academy, which went sour during the last days leading up to graduation. It was rumoured that he may be romantically involved with Tereshkova.
- Junior Helmsman, USS Enterprise (NCC-1701) (2284-2286)
- Junior Helmsman, USS Anniston (NCC-1890) (2286)
- Senior Helmsman, USS Lexington (NCC-1709-A) (2286-present)
- Jason came from a military background, as most members of his family were from some military branch. His family had been in some very historic moments in aviation and space history.
- One of Jason's ancestors was the pilot who disabled the German battleship Bismarck in one of World War II's famous naval battles, another ancestor was on the carrier Montana during the Romulan War and was instrumental in the Battle of Cheron).