|Series:||Star Trek: Artemis|
|Original post date:||2008|
|Stardate:||62290.5 - 62355.7|
|Next episode:||"Cloak of Deception"|
"Here Comes the Cavalry" was the second episode in the first season of Star Trek: Artemis.
The Artemis was on her way back to Utopia Planitia for the final inspection. After being relieved by the USS Essex at Romeo IV, she set a course for home. Before they got there, another distress call was received from the Essex. The Artemis set an intercept course and rushed in to save the day. Artemis arrived and sent repair crews and medical assistance to the Essex. Lieutenant Commander Nwaro Polak is leading the away mission when he finds James Peters dead already and Captain Marie Barlow in bad shape. Barlow dies in Polak's arms. Soon after, Captain David Hawk makes Polak the Acting Commanding Officer of Essex. Both ships then set course for Utopia Planitia. After arriving at Utopia Planitia, the Essex holds a memorial for Captain Barlow and Artemis finishes her final inspection.
- Gwyneth Paltrow as Lieutenant Starr Kirk
- Christina Ricci as Lieutenant JG T'Carr Yon
- Tom Welling as Ensign James Dunbar
- This episode sets up the spin-off series Star Trek: Essex
- "Effective as of this stardate, 62290.5, Ashton Carter is hereby promoted to Lieutenant (Junior Grade). With this comes all the rights and responsibilities of a Lieutenant (Junior Grade)."
- — Captain David Hawk