Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Great Britain is the largest island of the British Isles, located in the north west European archipelago on Earth. Great Britain was once part of a major power on Earth, creating the largest naval empire in human history. A person or thing from Great Britain is sometimes described as British.
Places of interestEdit
- See main article: United Kingdom
The formal name and make up of Great Britain as a political entity has varied.
- From 1707, the Kingdom of Great Britain, covering the whole of mainland Britain and created by the merger of the Kingdom of Scotland and the Kingdom of England.
- From 1800, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland encompassed the whole of the British isles when the Kingdom of Ireland merged with the Kingdom of Great Britain.
- From 1927, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland comprised Great Britain and part of the island of Ireland.
- From 2025, the United Kingdom of Great Britain returned to covering the island of Great Britain when Northern Ireland reunified the Republic of Ireland.(TNG: "The High Ground")
- From 2047, the Optimal Republic of Great Britain, renamed after the Optimum Movement came to power. (TOS/TNG novel: Federation; Star Trek: The Adventures of Argus: "Nuclear Time")
- From 2079, the United Kingdom of Great Britain, restored when the Optimum were overthrown. (TOS/TNG novel: Federation; Star Trek: The Adventures of Argus: "Nuclear Time")
- Great Britain existed as a nation-state well into the 22nd century. Malcolm Reed wanted to join the nation's Royal Navy as a child. (ENT: "Silent Enemy")
- Great Britain article at Memory Alpha, the canon Star Trek wiki.
- Great Britain article at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek wiki.
- Great Britain article at Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
- British Isles (terminology) article at Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
- British Isles naming dispute article at Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.