Great Britain is the largest island of the British Isles, located in the north west European archipelago on Earth. Great Britain was once part of a major power on Earth, creating the largest naval empire in human history. A person or thing from Great Britain is sometimes described as British.
Places of interestEdit
- See main article: United Kingdom
The formal name and make up of Great Britain as a political entity has varied.
- From 1707, the Kingdom of Great Britain, covering the whole of mainland Britain and created by the merger of the Kingdom of Scotland and the Kingdom of England.
- From 1800, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland encompassed the whole of the British isles when the Kingdom of Ireland merged with the Kingdom of Great Britain.
- From 1927, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland comprised Great Britain and part of the island of Ireland.
- From 2025, the United Kingdom of Great Britain returned to covering the island of Great Britain when Northern Ireland reunified the Republic of Ireland.(TNG: "The High Ground")
- From 2047, the Optimal Republic of Great Britain, renamed after the Optimum Movement came to power. (TOS/TNG novel: Federation; Star Trek: The Adventures of Argus: "Nuclear Time")
- From 2079, the United Kingdom of Great Britain, restored when the Optimum were overthrown. (TOS/TNG novel: Federation; Star Trek: The Adventures of Argus: "Nuclear Time")
- Great Britain existed as a nation-state well into the 22nd century. Malcolm Reed wanted to join the nation's Royal Navy as a child. (ENT: "Silent Enemy")
- Great Britain article at Memory Alpha, the canon Star Trek wiki.
- Great Britain article at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek wiki.
- Great Britain article at Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
- British Isles (terminology) article at Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
- British Isles naming dispute article at Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.