|Actor:||Trisha A. Tunis|
Early life and careerEdit
Enigma was a Vulcan Science Academy project overseen by Doctor T'Kara. In the late 2280s funding for "Project Enigma" had trickled to a halt. Doctor T'Kara was forced to look for other methods to continue her research. This was "solved" by allowing the project to work with Starfleet. Placing Enigma in Starfleet's hands allowed the research to continue under Starfleet's budget but with a catch: She would be used as a universal translator and cryptologist by Starfleet. Since the android was considered property of Starfleet it was felt that a brevet rank and uniform should be given for better integration with a Starfleet crew.
It is rumored that funding was cut deliberately so Starfleet could use the opportunity to use Enigma for its own purposes. To date this has not been proven.
The Justice missionsEdit
In 2292, Enigma was assigned to the USS Justice as a communication and cryptology specialist when funding ran out at the Vulcan Science Academy.
Family and personal lifeEdit
Unknown, since most of the Kaye-series androids were created centuries ago. The only "family" Enigma knows is Doctor T'Kara, whom others see as her maternal figure, and the crew of the USS Justice, if an android can call such things family.
- "Aye, Sir."
- — Enigma
- 2267: Kaye-series android is brought to Vulcan by the USS Enterprise from Mudd's Planet.
- 2268: Vulcan Science Academy begins "Project Enigma".
- 2280s: Funding runs out for the VSA to continue "Project Enigma"
- 2292: Warrant Officer Enigma is assigned as Communications Specialist of the USS Justice
- Enigma's name came from the German code machine used in World War II.
- The number 4 on Enigma's necklace is a reference to the four-rotor Enigma machine that was introduced by the German Navy for U-boat traffic in 1942, called M4.
- Enigma is played by fan actress Trisha A. Tunis in all of the character's appearances on Tales of the Seventh Fleet.