Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|"Eight The Hard Way"|
|Writer(s):||Michael D. Garcia|
|Previous episode:||"The Better Part of Valor"|
|Next episode:||"Fever Five"|
Eight The Hard Way was the seventh episode of the first season of Star Trek: Full Speed Ahead. It was published on May 24, 2010.
Stardate 43322: Following the incident with the convoy to Deep Space Four, Farragut is assigned to her intended mission: Border Patrol. However, Leone's new task force commander is displeased at having a captain of ill repute serving under him. To take her to task for her recent escapades, he assigns Farragut to a long-term mission with Starfleet Public Affairs Office, transporting a tour of civilian entertainers to starbases within proximity to Cardassian space.
Background & TriviaEdit
- The title of this episode refers to a die roll in the casino game craps. The roll is two fours, and is also known as a "hard eight." The title is a double-entendre, referring to the eight entertainers Farragut is charged with ferrying.
- Though mentioned in previous episodes, Captain Benjamin Maxwell makes his first appearance in Star Trek: Full Speed Ahead, as the commanding officer of the Border Patrol Task Force assigned to the Cardassian border.
- In the teaser, Captain Leone mentions that she graduated from Starfleet Academy in 2349.
- In the teaser, it is mentioned that Ariel Elannis served under Captain Maxwell when he held command of the USS Rutledge. It is not mentioned whether she served alongside Miles O'Brien.
- L. Q. "Sonny" Clemonds (Star Trek: The Next Generation"The Neutral Zone") is among the entertainers being ferried on the Public Affairs Tour.