Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|"Damn the Torpedoes!"|
|Writer(s):||Michael D. Garcia|
|Next episode:||"Damn the Torpedoes, Part II"|
Damn the Torpedoes was the first episode of the first season of Star Trek: Full Speed Ahead. It was published on March 10, 2008 (pre-released February 3, 2008).
Stardate 43222: Newly-promoted Captain Krystine Leone is appointed to command the recently-refitted Nebula-class starship USS Farragut, after only fifteen years of excellent service to Starfleet. Her arrival at the Antares Ship Yards is met by friends she's made throughout her career, and of course, she is excited by the prospect of her first command. While she enjoys the festivities of assuming command, two strangers work feverishly within the ship's navigational deflector room toward some unknown purpose. As they ready the ship for warp speed trials, the ship finds itself going on a journey deep into the final frontier!
- "You are an arrogant, aggravating, soulless, little man!"
- "I love it when you talk dirty to me, Bel."
- — Saleb and Belkis
- "I'm still getting used to the weight of that fourth pip."
- — Captain Leone
Background & TriviaEdit
- Precedes the Star Trek: The Quarterdeck Breed short story, "Farragut," by eight months.
- The events in this episode takes place in the third season of Star Trek: The Next Generation, particularly the episodes "Booby Trap" and "The Enemy".
- This is the second Star Trek: The Quarterdeck Breed ship to be featured in a 'sequel' of some kind. The first was the eponymous "Agamemnon."
- Leone and Elannis are holdover characters from the original "Leone Legacy," also written by this author, approximately thirteen years prior. Star Trek: Full Speed Ahead is a re-imagining of the original stories given the context of canonical fact. In the original story, Farragut was a Galaxy-class starship, not a Nebula-class.
- The Farragut has 47 auxiliary craft assigned to it.