Cyberware is cybernetic implants used by living beings. There are two types of cyberware, body enhancements called bodyware and brain computer interfaces called headware. A brain with headware enhancements is often called a cyberbrain. Users who mostly use bodyware are often called Street Samurai and people who mostly use headware are often called Rigger.(Dragon Ball Z vs. Star Trek: The Way of Infinity)
Types of headwareEdit
- Some special headware implants are needed to control bodyware implants in the fan fiction of SSJKamui.
- According to Dimensional Prophecy of Zohar, some headware implants can be connected to network systems.
- M.V possesses an implant which enhances his intelligence via transcranial magnetic stimulation.
- Some more primitive types of neural implants can be used to cure mental illnesses, e.g. according to the novelization of (Star Trek: First Contact), Zefram Cochrane possessed such an implant to cure his bipolar disorder.
Types of bodywareEdit
- In Dimensional Prophecy of Zohar, Hilal possesses a bodyware implant placed in the user's feet which can emit tractor beams to enable the user of the implant to stand and walk on vertical surfaces like walls.
- Batteries can be used in cyberware implants. (Dragon Ball Z vs. Star Trek: The Way of Infinity)
- DBV developed a technology to use the energy transfer systems in the user's blood for energy supply of cyberware implants. (Dragon Ball Z vs. Star Trek: The Way of Infinity)
- The bosses of SLNVRX invented a converter program between neuronal signals and computer codes which eased the production of cyberware.(Dragon Ball Z vs. Star Trek: The Way of Infinity)
Cyberware development devicesEdit
- VCDL (Very high speed integrated circuit cyberware description language) - a programming language similar to VHDL.(Dragon Ball Z vs. Star Trek: The Way of Infinity)
People who possess cyberwareEdit
Companies who produce cyberwareEdit
- The SLNVRX Corporation was one of the first companies who produced progressive versions of cyberware, according to Dragon Ball Z vs. Star Trek: The Beginning of Infinity.
- DBV produces some cyberware systems like energy supply systems. (Dragon Ball Z vs. Star Trek: The Way of Infinity)
Laws regarding cyberwareEdit
- In the United Federation of Planets, by law every cyberbrain has to be equipped with a firewall.
- In the Dragon Ball Z vs. Star Trek: The Beginning of Infinity episode "Gnosis", there is mentioned a law which allows to search and seize cyberbrains via the internet to prevent crimes.
- In the Federation, there are quality controls of cyberware. (Dragon Ball Z vs. Star Trek: The Way of Infinity)