|STAR TREK COMICS|
|By Her Reason Swayed|
|Original post date:||October 31, 2006|
|Next episode||The Champion|
"By Her Reason Swayed" is a short story (Omake) of the Fan Comic series Tamerlane.
The Omake starts out with the Tamerlane reproducing the Kobayashi Maru scenario. Commander Julienne Cochrane thwarts the scenario by overloading the scenario's test computers and causing the simulator to "lose" the Klingon ships. In the end, Cochrane finds herself defending her actions to a very unimpressed Admiral in Starfleet command.
- This was the first issue of Tamerlane. The script, written in an hour, was designed solely to test if making a Star Trek Fan Comic was even feasible. Because of that, no real Tamerlane history is involved with the exception of the comment that they would be getting a new engineer, a reference to Brandi Ward who would be making her debut in The Champion.
- The only regular Tamerlane characters that appear in this episode are Julienne Cochrane, Angelica Bennett and the Transporter Chief (Who is, at this time, still unnamed).
- The other bridge characters are from various other starships, including the Enterprise, Exeter and Farragut.
- It took 60 days (two months) to complete the 20 pages.
- "Omake" (Oh-Mah-Kay) is a Japanese word for "Extra" or "Side-story" in Japanese Comics, or, "Manga". Because BHRS was a quick write-up and test, it was tagged as an "Omake".
- The Title "By Her Reason Swayed" is a reference to Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream" Act 2 Scene 2: Lysander: “The will of man is by his reason swayed.”