- For the original prompt, see: Unofficial Literary Challenge #11
|"Better Angels of Our Nature"|
|Original post date:||May 27 2015|
|Previous episode:||"Delta Recruit"|
|Next episode:||"Someone to Remember Them By"|
Reynolds joins up with Iviok, aboard the Jenova, to track down Captain Menrow. The reason for their mission being that Menrow and his ship, the Crucial, were last seen as responsible for destroying several Federation starships at Vandor IV.
- This story acts as a sequel to Star Trek: Voyager episode "False Profits" and Star Trek: The Next Generation episode "We'll Always Have Paris".
- The Hijinx, dealing with Dividiian warp bubble "labor camps", at the beginning, is call back to "Visit to a Weird Planet, Revisited - Again", where Iviok and the Jenova were trapped in one that simulated a "movie set" reality.
- Menrow and his crew, having mind-displacements caused by Wayfar, is a call back to "Second Life", when he and his crew were transported to the 28th century.
- Reynolds' aversion to taking orders from Admiral Herthel is a call back to "Teaching the Next Generation" and "Delta Recruit", in which Herthel was instrumental in causing her grief, in each.
- DiaMon Cide, of the SS Jade Fox, was last seen in "Gender Swap", where he claimed he was next in line as CEO for Slug-o-Cola. In this story, Cide explains that he was fired from Slug-o-Cola.