Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Battle of Sector 001|
|Part of Federation-Borg Conflict|
|Result:||Pyrrhic Federation victory|
|Battle of Wolf 359|
This incursion of Federation space by the Borg started with the attack on the Federation colony of Ivor Prime. The attack was detected by Deep Space 5, which immediately warned Starfleet Command. Starfleet dispatched a fleet under the command of Vice Admiral Hayes to the Typhon sector to engage the cube.
The fleet was unable to stop the cube and a running battle was fought all the way to the Sol system. As the cube neared Earth the fleet suffered a setback with Hayes' flagship destroyed. Only the timely arrival of the USS Enterprise-E saved the situation. Captain Jean-Luc Picard took command of the fleet and rallied it for one final attack on the cube. The attack was successful and the cube was destroyed.
Prior to its destruction the cube managed to launch one Borg sphere. The sphere continued to Earth where it created a temporal vortex and traveled into the past. Before the vortex collapsed the Enterprise managed to follow the sphere and managed to stop the Borg from disrupting the timeline. (Star Trek: First Contact)
While the Federation was victorious the loss of many ships during the battle put a significant strain on Starfleet's resources. This caused some concern among officers as to the Federation's ability to deal with the ever growing threat of the Dominion. (DS9: "In Purgatory's Shadow")
- The mention of the attack in "In Purgatory's Shadow" creates a continuity error as the events of the episode happen pre-stardate 50564.2 and the movie has the battle occurring around stardate 50893.
In the Pendragon universe, the Borg attack played a crucial role in the ongoing Federation Civil War dealing heavy losses to Admiral James Leyton's forces in and around Sector 001. Only the timely arrival of patriot forces led by Captain Picard stopped the cube from reaching Earth. (Star Trek: Pendragon)
Ships involved in the battleEdit
- USS Appalachia (Steamrunner-class)
- USS Bozeman (Soyuz-class)
- USS Budapest (Norway-class)
- USS Dauntless (Intrepid-class)
- USS Defiant (Defiant-class)
- USS Endeavour (Nebula-class)
- USS Enterprise-E (Sovereign-class)
- USS Excalibur (Ambassador-class)
- USS Lexington (Nebula-class)
- USS Nelson (Intrepid-class)
- USS Paragon (Nebula-class)
- USS Thunderchild (Akira-class)
- USS Yeager (Saber-class)