|Type:|| light cruiser|
|Max. warp:||warp 4.8|
The Baton Rouge class was a Federation Starfleet cruiser-type starship. Ships of this class were divided into two types, light cruisers and escort cruisers, both introduced in 2236. Cruiser variants (NCC-1550-1569) began undergoing refits in 2278; the escorts (NCC-1570-1599) started receiving refits in 2281, with an additional Aegis-type refit in 2285. (Star Fleet Battles, Starbase23.net)
By the 2330s The Baton-Rouge class Was officially retired around the same time the Constitution class. However over 20 Baton-Rouge Class Starships Remain in the "Mothball Fleet" in the Starfleet Museum.
- Rick Sternbach designed a Baton Rouge class, seen in the Star Trek Spaceflight Chronology.
- The Baton Rouge class may be closely related in design to the Nordenskjold class. (Federation Starship Recognition Chart)
- According to the Spaceflight Chronology, vessels of this class were introduced before 2170, by which time they were the fastest to date, with a maximum cruise velocity of warp 4.8, when they became part of Starfleet.
- The USS Churchill to which Gary Mitchell was assigned in DC's Star Trek comic annual #1 (volume 1) ("All Those Years Ago") may have been Baton Rouge-class. The design matches that of the Baton Rouge class depicted in the Spaceflight Chronology.
- Marvel Star Trek (TOS) #6: NCC-1373 (as USS Republic) (see note at Memory Alpha)
- The Final Reflection/Worlds Apart by John Ford (Glasgow, Hokkaido and Savannah)
- Star Trek: The Four Years War, Book 1 (as USS Saladin), Book 2 (as the USS Baton Rouge)
|Baton Rouge-class starships|
|USS Achilles - USS Arcturus - USS Brazzaville - USS Denpasar|