A bar (also called a pub or tavern) is an establishment that serves beverages, usually alcoholic. A bar also refers to a long raised counter at which people cam place orders and staff collect served orders. The person who tends the bar is usually called a bartender and may also be the owner of the establishment. Many bars also serve food for their customers and include some type of entertainment from recorded or live music, gambling or stage performers. Crew lounges aboard Federation starships often took the form of bars.
- 602 Club in San Francisco
- Crossed Stars Lounge on Cascia
- Quark's on Deep Space 9
- Sean's Bar in Athlone, Ireland, Earth
- A Slice of Risa on Kal-Dixas
- Ten Forward aboard the USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-D)