|USS Baldwin (series) episode|
|Original post date:||2006|
|Next episode:||"Reaction to Action, Part 1"|
A computer virus has been found that could potentially cripple the fleet.
- “Captain's Log, Stardate 54098: A new threat has to the security of the Federation has emerged in the form of a computer program capable of disabling ships and crippling Starfleet.”
- “Captain's Log, Stardate 54121.2: Thanks to significant help from the engineering teams from Baldwin and Nimitz, Ottawa's computer is back in service. Intelligence reports still show no signs of the captured USS Nimitz.”
- “Captain's Log, Supplemental: We are preparing to tow USS Nimitz back to Starbase 42 for refitting. Before we head back, there's one last thing to take care of.”
- — Recorded by Jenna Carson
- “Susan, is there something wrong with the helm?”
“The navigation system is on line, but its the ship has a mind of her own.”
- “I did say I loved your emerald green eyes. I figured these would accent them.”
- — Patrick Ingrum, presenting his wife a birthday present.
- “That's one hell of an infection. It's corrupted just about every subroutine. I'm afraid we're going to have to utilize the final option.”
“We'll have to wipe the computer core and rebuild it from scratch.”
- — Patrick Ingrum and Jenna Carson, on Ottawa's main computer.
- “I have every reason to believe that Starfleet has been compromised. We discovered a virus aboard Ottawa that allowed the crew of a warbug to take over her systems. Sound familiar?”
- — Patrick Ingrum, to Andrea Riffin
- “Don't worry, I'm sure he'll get Ottawa up and running, take back Nimitz, and still have enough time to change the baby's diapers.”
- — Bridget Ingrum, on her husband
- “Jenna wants to check out the rebuilt systems. How does a trek to Aloran IV and an outdoor cookout sound?”
- — Bridget Ingrum, suggesting a birthday party plan to her husband
- “If we're going to fire on Nimitz, I may as well be the one to do it.”
- The story title refers to a "backdoor" computer program.
- Backdoor Full text of the story, on the author's website.