|Alexander D. McKnight|
|Born:||November 23, 1976|
|Stationed:||USS Lexington (NCC-1709-A)|
|Spouse(s):|| Jennifer Holmes (2256-2258)|
|Mother:||Pam McKnight (deceased)|
|Father:||Joe McKnight (deceased)|
|Siblings:|| Michelle McKnight|
Early life & careerEdit
Alex was born on November 23, 1976 to Joe and Pam McKnight. During the 1980s and 90s, the McKnights were transferred many times to different air bases in support of US operations. Alex and his family had been stationed at seven different bases by the time he graduated high school at the age of 18.
He graduated top of his 1995 class from London Central High School, located at RAF Daws Hill, High Wycombe, United Kingdom. As a result, he got a appointment to the US Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colorado. His intention was to become a fighter pilot and maybe join NASA.
In his third year at the USAF Academy, he was on home leave in 1998 Montana when Alex and his siblings (Michelle and Jason McKnight) ‘mysteriously disappeared’. Instead, an alien transporter, discovered by the USS Enterprise under Captain Robert April, had brought the three into 2250. When they found out that they could not get back to 1998, all three underwent re-orientation and education to adapt to life in the 23rd century.
Alex McKnight was accepted for Starfleet Academy in 2252. With his USAF training, he was able to bypass most of his basic physical training but had to study real hard to adapt to Starfleet life. He graduated at the top of his Academy class in 2256, earning him a posting on the USS Hood (NCC-1703) .
While at the Academy, he befriended several people, notably James Kirk, Gary Mitchell, and William Gee. He also became romantically involved with a fellow cadet, Jennifer Holmes. They married on their graduating day. They divorced two years later.
McKnight was promoted to Lieutenant Commander and transferred to the U.S.S Lexington as senior helmsman and second officer. During the M-5 incident, McKnight took command of the ship and had planned on stopping Enterprise by ramming her and detonating the Lexington's warp core. Only Kirk's final minute shutdown of the computer prevented McKnight from executing his plan.
After repairs, McKnight was promoted to Captain and assigned to a five year mission, which was successfully completed in 2271. He was promoted to flag rank upon his return and would eventually become the Deputy Commander, Starfleet.
After the Whale Probe Crisis, he returned to single-starship command when he accepted a voluntary demotion to Captain and was assigned to the USS Lexington (NCC-1709-A)
Family and personal lifeEdit
Alex has a younger sister Michelle McKnight and a younger brother, Captain Jason McKnight. Jason is in command of the USS Intrepid while Michelle is a curator at Starfleet Museum. Alex is married to Angelica McKnight. He has one son, Montgomery McKnight.
- Junior Helmsman, USS Hood, NCC-1713 (2256-61)
- Senior Helmsman, USS Lexington, NCC-1709 (2261-69)
- Commanding Officer, USS Lexington, NCC-1709 (2269-71)
- Commanding Officer, Third Fleet (2271-82)
- Chief of Staff, Starfleet Commander-in-Chief (2282-2286)
- Commanding Officer, USS Lexington (NCC-1709-A), NCC-1709-A (2286-present)
- Don Cano played the character in "All in the Appearances: SE".
- His father was a US Air Force ammunition inspector and his mother was a housewife. Both parents were killed during World War III with a nuclear strike on Malmstrom Air Force Base.
- Alex was in several 80s rock bands while high school and was also active in sports, particularly basketball.
- By his 18th birthday, Alex and his family had been at the following USAF bases: 48th Fighter Wing, RAF Lakenheath, United Kingdom; 366th Air Expeditionary Wing, Mountain Home Air Force Base, Idaho; 5th Bomb Wing at Minot Air Force Base, North Dakota; 51st Fighter Wing at Osan Air Base, South Korea; 509th Bomb Wing, Whiteman Air Force Base, Missouri; 52nd Fighter Wing, Spangdahlem Air Base, Germany; and 341st Space Wing, Malmstrom Air Force Base in Montana