- "Jimmy" Kirk attempted to lead a group of friends on a runaway trek from Iowa to Oregon, but only got as far as the dynacarrier, Christopher Cockerell, before being detained by his father. Realizing that his son was yearning for adventure, George took emergency leave and they both boarded the USS Enterprise (NCC-1701), traveling to the newly discovered archaeological site on Faramond. (TOS novel: Best Destiny)
- En route to Faramond, the USS Enterprise (NCC-1701) was diverted to Vega IX, so but George Kirk, "Jimmy" Kirk and Captain Robert April boarded April's liaison cutter to complete the journey. April's shuttle was attacked in the Tong Beak Nebula by pirate Roy Moss and the crew of the Shark, and only through the ingenuity of the Kirks were they saved by the Enterprise. This event led to James T. Kirk being admitted to Starfleet Academy in 2250 with April's help. (TOS novel: Best Destiny)
- After returning to Earth, George Kirk pulled some strings, and James Kirk was assigned to an industrial freighter to learn what space duty was all about. (Star Trek: New Earth novel: Wagon Train to the Stars)
- Spock made a final decision to attend Starfleet Academy instead of his father's choice for him of the Vulcan Science Academy. This decision started the 18 year rift that kept them from speaking to one another. (TOS: "Journey to Babel")
- The Federation and the Klingon Empire sign the Treaty of Korvat. (The Starfleet Museum: Avenger- and Predator-Class Destroyers)
Assignments and promotionsEdit
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.