|1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948|
|1910s 1920s 1930s 1940s 1950s 1960s 1970s|
|distant past - 20th century - 21st century|
- 11 February: Starfleet officers Daniel Radke, Anne Lansing, Antonio Fernandes and an away team from the stranded-in-the-past Dark Starship beam down to Earth near Dresden, Germany to investigate a compatible power source. Once there, they discover the early stages of an alien invasion taking place. (Star Trek: The Cantabrian Expeditions: "Hemorrhage")
- 13 to 15 February: The Allies firebomb Dresden, killing tens of thousands of people. Unbeknownst to many, Starfleet officers Daniel Radke, Anne Lansing and Antonio Fernandes successfully stop an alien invasion by luring the aliens into Dresden during the bombing, incinerating all the aliens and restoring the timeline. (Star Trek: The Cantabrian Expeditions: "Hemorrhage")
- 29 April: Dachau concentration camp is liberated by, among others, Sergeant Randall McCoy, Herbie Shapiro, Brendan O'Shaughnessy, Antonio Martinelli, Stanislaus Kuzawa and Charles Tucker III, who has been sent to Upper Bavaria, Germany, by the Traveler, in order to prevent his becoming desensitized to violence and horror (In Between Days: Day of the Dead).
- 6 and 9 August: The United States of America drops nuclear weapons on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Japan. It is the first time a nuclear weapon is used on Earth as a weapon of mass destruction.
- 15 August: Japan surrenders, ending World War II.